Horizontal or vertical for you guys with splitters?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you use your splitter horizontally or vertically?

• Horizontally (flat)

Votes: 65 72.2%
  • Vertically (up and down)

Votes: 25 27.8%

• Total voters
Do you guys with splitters use them horizontally (flat) or vertically (up and down)? I've only used mine vertically once, when I had 100-lb. rounds of Hickory; the rest of the time is horizontally. Just curious...

100 pounds? Try 800 pounds of oak. Anybody who wants to split that horizontally is welcome to.

do you have a lift or something like that?
how do you get giant rounds up

if its too big, most of the time its not worth it....but yes I do have a front end loaded on the tractor....

I also have a chainsaw or 7....

and they run....

So I cut/noodle them in half...

800 lbs...You know the rule, pic's or it didn't happen...

How did you move it at all???

I'll take my horizonal with lift everytime...

800 lbs...You know the rule, pic's or it didn't happen...
How did you move it at all???

I'll take my horizonal with lift everytime...

and to be that heavy it would have to be like what 60-72" across or more at Firewood lengths....

why not make it into lumber....

Anything from 8" to 16" dia goes from the trailer right up on the splitter in Horizontal, anything bigger rolls from the trailer to the ground and the splitter is vertical.
:cheers:

dfdm3n.jpg
about 50/50 i cut big trees the average is 50" tom trees:cheers:

I prefer horizontal - tried vertical on some big ones - went back to horizontal only from then on. A 100 pound round weighs only 25 pounds after I noodle it into quarters.

Oh, I do have a lift if I choose to use it. It will pick a big one up and swing it right over and onto the cradle. It is mounted in the back of my pickup.
attachment.php

Nosmo

Back