Hotblast---The wood HOG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EastwoodGang4

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
How much wood did you hotblast guys use this year? I just tapped my 8th keg...oops i mean 8th cord! :jawdrop: ouch it wasn't really a bad winter here in NE ohio. On the bright side I collected much better quality wood for this season and my consumption "seemed" to be less than last year. Just curious how everyone else made out. :cheers:

Ha

Yea.. I guess i shouldn't complain so much!! The basement thing that's another complaint :laugh: Oh well it beats the socks off the gas bill!!!!

Maybe 2-3 cord. We use the pellet stove in milder weather.

We have bought a PE Summit for next year.

Ken
southern Ohio

Maybe 2-3 cord. We use the pellet stove in milder weather.

We have bought a PE Summit for next year.

Ken
southern Ohio

good idea with the pellet stove. I try to save junk wood and scraps for milder weather, but i'm all out for the season. is the PE summit a stove or a furnace?

good idea with the pellet stove. I try to save junk wood and scraps for milder weather, but i'm all out for the season. is the PE summit a stove or a furnace?

The Summit is a stove with a nice glass front. It will be upstairs where we can enjoy it. I'm also hoping it will be a lot more efficient.

Actually, I really loaded up the Hotblast connector pipe with creosote during some mild weather.

Ken

I hit 9 cords With a indoor wood furnace (burned No oil) heating about 4300sq ft, So look like 91/2- 10 cord this year. 40 miles north of Pittsburgh pa 15 miles east of Ohio.

How much wood did you hotblast guys use this year? I just tapped my 8th keg...oops i mean 8th cord! :jawdrop: ouch it wasn't really a bad winter here in NE ohio. On the bright side I collected much better quality wood for this season and my consumption "seemed" to be less than last year. Just curious how everyone else made out. :cheers:

I always burn 18-20 face cords. 3300 sq ft house. Heat the garage, basement and hot water. usually burn unitl July.

Latest posts

Back