House-O-Saw's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsjunkie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I had the chance to see the largest,"cleanest", most "organized "collection of chain saw's I have ever seen yesterday. This place is like a museum.
He clams to have 700 saws in is collection 300 that run and the rest are awaiting restoration or just parts saw's.I seen saw's that I would have No idea what they wear.
This was a real treat for me and would like to thank Mr.Larry Steiner (chainsaw-57) for inviting me over to see his museum.
We also managed to play with a few hot saws. I had my hands on the fastest saw's I will probably ever get the chance to run a KD 090 What a saw!!!!
If you ever get a chance to see Larry's collection Its worth "admission" to see.
I didn't take my camera with me, But if I am ever invited back I will and post a few pics. You guys wont believe your eyes.
Once again thanks Larry it was a great pleasure to me.
It was nice to meet you and your wife and most of all your saw's LOL

Compliments

Thank You Eric for your compliments about the collection of saws that have accumulated at House-O-Saws.
I have been busy lately trying to add different saws to the collection that is taken to Steam and Antique Engine Shows. Namely a Lombard 2-man with Homelite engine, Titan, IEL HA/HB,and a Mac 7-55 2-man which will have 5/8 pitch square chisel chain. Thanks to Ken Dunn for the 5/8 chain.
Today, a Wright Model 100 (AKA Poulan) was put back together. A reciprocating saw with a clutch and a 3.6 CI Poulan engine. Idles about 2800 RPM and with a govenor, in the Tillotson HS Carb, turns a Max RPM of 7000. 7000 RPM is plenty fast on a reciprocating saw!!! Many Wright saws have been brought back to life at HOS, but this one seems strange to have running and the Blade is not moving.
I have to thank my wife, Nancy, for letting my hobby (addiction) go in the direction it has and for allowing and encouraging the growth to a point where a second garage was built to allow HOS full use of the present building (30 x 64 2-story) for saws exclusively.
So many saws, so little time. Larry

What part og Ohio are you in ? I may be able to talk my wife into coming out your way as long as I can tie it into a trip to a major zoo. I will be traveling to Louisville KY in Feburary for the National Farm Equipment Show. How far are you from there ?

Bill

Hi Bill,
The town that I live in is about 1 hour Southwest of Cleveland, Ohio. You are welcome anytime, just e-mail me about a time and we will arrange to get together.
Not sure how close to Louisville, but not real close.
So many saws, so little time. Larry

Old saws

Larry v6Bill .here i have a 2 man Titan Blue .Streak that i need a gear---bar mount swivel for do you have one?????? i got a 6ft. bar and handle with the power head but no way to bolt it up

TITAN???

Hi Bill,

In all my dealings with old saws around here, Titan has come up only one time. They must not have been very popular in this area. Next weekend, I may have an opportunity to purchase this saw. At this time the condition and model are not known. A gentleman in his 80's is the present owner. If it should come my way and is not restorable there may be parts available. If it is the right model I will let you know.

So many saws, so little time. Larry@HOS

Just got back from the House-o-saw's today.
Larry, Myself and my Father played with some saw's.
My Father and I enjoyed Larry Museum once again.
Will post some pics.
Larry Dad really enjoyed running the old two man (Thanks It meant a lot to him)

Hear is just a sample of Larry's collection 1/2 of one wall !!!!

I'm not sure about that, But I seen and heard it run and cut wood hard to believe that they actually cut timber with some of these heavy old saw's

Pictures

Hi Eric,
I thoroughly enjoyed visiting with you and your Father. When I am able to brighten somebody's day by sharing my hobby, it makes for a good day for me. Considering the conditions,inside and all, the pictures look great! Running the saws was, once again, a good time. Although my ribs are really hurting, it was worth it.
Rob, That is Mac 1225-A (Circa 1948-1949) with a 24" Bow Bar, made for cutting logs on the ground. This saw has an intake manifold, that I fabricated, to adapt a new style Tillotson HL Carb to replace the Mac Carb. It runs great, usually third pull starts. But not yesterday. LOL. Right Eric.
Bill, Good eyes. There are many old Zips that reside at HOS (maybe 10). Several have been brought back to life, some are waiting their turn to be resurrected and some are in the parts collection.
Hope you guys enjoy the pictures. Thanks Eric.
So many saws, so little time. Larry@HOS

You guys sound like you are very near my mother's hometown.
Yes I am a Buckeye, not a hilljack. Fredericktown/Mt. Vernon
area. Next time I go up to visit, I would like to see some
saws! Looks like a fun hobby, If I come across anything neat,
I'll bring it up.

Fish,
Mt. Vernon is about 1 hour due south of me and about 1 1/2 or so from the House-o-saw's. If you get up this way give a shout will have a brew.
Larry sorry to hear about you ribs ouch.....
Hear is a pic of larry and my Dad two maning it (sorry for for the Dark pic)

We had a Wright saw when i was growing up. Think one of my uncles ended up with it. Must be more of them around than i thought.

Hear are a couple more pics that Larry asked me to share.
Homey 2100
Echo 1001
Husky 2100

Latest posts

Back