How’d I do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The newer mtronic and AutoTune saws will pull a 20x3/8 just fine for firewooding if you know how to tune a chain well. Then again, I don't recommend those saws for firewooding typically.
I’ve got a 261 and I don’t know if it would do it, unless it had skip chain on it or some sort of tune up to increase power. .325 @ 20” is about all it wants.

I’ve got a 261 and I don’t know if it would do it, unless it had skip chain on it or some sort of tune up to increase power. .325 @ 20” is about all it wants.
Mine does fine with it,
20230406_194052.jpg
that may or may not have something to do with the porting lol.

All the ones i have owned had 3/8 on a 20 inch bar full chisel and they pulled it well.They will cut all the firewood you need to cut. The muffler is kinda restricted a mod really helps them.

Well I’ll clean this chain up and give it hell. I’ll probably use it for a firewood saw or a loaner to keep people away from my 261, haven’t decided yet. You can’t have too many saws that run good, never know when you’ll need one. Some of them like the 55 are just classics, so it’s cool to own a piece of history.

Well I’ll clean this chain up and give it hell. I’ll probably use it for a firewood saw or a loaner to keep people away from my 261, haven’t decided yet. You can’t have too many saws that run good, never know when you’ll need one. Some of them like the 55 are just classics, so it’s cool to own a piece of history.
Just think. One day, you might catch to Bill.

nah, never mind…

Back