How about some saw pics to start the weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guys these are some great looking saws.....maybe i can post some of my junk tommorrow when it gets daylight.

My biggest and smallest. The 288 is wearing the new bar Baileys just sent me.

attachment.php

View attachment 33291

090AV circa 1978. 32" & 48" bars. It will grunt through anything that you put in its path. Other use: great Saturday morning alarm clock for the PITA Yuppie neighbors who moved out to the country then have complained about everything in the country. :chainsaw:

Bottom Shelf -066 Mag with factory dual port. Purchased from Ohiohunter a couple of months ago.

Vise - Emmerts Patternmaker Vise circa 1900 - harder to find than a 090AV

Todays $10 Special

Just got home from my first yard sale of the year. I found this complete old Homelite C-5 direct drive. Paid $10 for mit along with a nice tow rope. So far I know nothing about these. This one is supposed to run and does have good compression. It's going to have to take a number though as I have some other "treasures" ahead of it.

Forget about posting all my saws:jawdrop:
Last week I put together another Olympyk. I rarely get time to work on my own saws. This one is a 950F Super. My new 3 cube saw, it's definitely a keeper.

I ordered a new bar and chain combo from baileys that should be here this week and will dress it up nicely.

I cut some maple saw logs, and couple small cedars with it. Then to really test it out I used it to drop a 14" DBH Box Elder. Even with the bar totally buried and me leaning on the saw it cut well, I was even suprised. I used it to take the stump all the way down to the ground, something I usually use the big saw for and this little duffer cut through the hard root mass more quickly than expected.

I gave a SOLO 647 to a friend to take home and try this weekend. Another, slightly uncommon 3 cube saw. But I haven't heard back from him.

attachment.php

015L
011AV
056 Super

034 #2 didn't make the photo shoot.

Last edited:
All these saws are worked daily with several interchangeable bar lengths on the bigger saws. I cut different trees everyday Pondo Pine/Fir/Oak/Cedar etc.
Nostly dead hazard stuff around cabins.

listed nearest camera:<br>
136 for limbing up.<br>
350 small topping & logging down<br>
257 many uses <br>
268 Universal <br>
288XP - My baby (nobody else dares touch this one)!!<br>
CD2100 - Just replaced Ignition coil and blew piston while testing....SSsss!!!<br>
3120 - Old but just like gold..... seems to get my back these day's.<br>
<br>
<center>
attachment.php

</center>

$10 C-5 Update

Turns out that stuff about taking a number was just talk. Showed the saw to a buddy, we splashed some fuel into the carb and it started then ran on it's own with the left over fuel it had in the tank. A couple carb tweeks and it runs very good. Took it back to the barn, cleaned it up and sharpened what's left of the chain. Took it to the pile and cut with it. seems everything works right.Those guys that used these were/are tough.
Pretty Fun Day!........Bob

394XP, 33" bar, .404 oregon chain. Looking at your pics makes me want more saws!

Rigger said:
All these saws are worked daily with several interchangeable bar lengths on the bigger saws. I cut different trees everyday Pondo Pine/Fir/Oak/Cedar etc.
Nostly dead hazard stuff around cabins.

listed nearest camera:<br>
136 for limbing up.<br>
350 small topping & logging down<br>
257 many uses <br>
268 Universal <br>
288XP - My baby (nobody else dares touch this one)!!<br>
CD2100 - Just replaced Ignition coil and blew piston while testing....SSsss!!!<br>
3120 - Old but just like gold..... seems to get my back these day's.<br>
<br>

So... you're a bit of the Stihl fan eh? :)

04ultra said:
attachment.php

Just 3 of my saws 660 360pro 029S

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm porting material there. Those saws look awlful clean for some reason. You use them or just haul them around to pick up women with????

Back