How are the Echo Saws (quality)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well u couldn't fix the squeal so I got a new saw figured I would try stock out the box what a disappointment never knew how lean the shipped these fattened it up a little helped a lot but know to do my muffler mod

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Well just got done the muffler mod on the new saw and the same squeal is back what gives.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

No problem with their quality, 18" bar on that saw is a little long. 16" would be better suited.

Slow, low power, and outdated design is their "hallmark" - it is no puzzle why they mostly don't post power specs!

A very arrogant brand as well, that don't treat their dealers well! :bang::bang:

It took 18 days of reading for me to figure out that I needed a 50cc saw. I didn't make up my mind until I picked up a 346XP.

I went out today to see if I could find an Efco 152 at a dealer, but the dealer came up empty. I stopped in at the Husky shop to drool over the 555 and 562XP, and saw the 346XP on the shelf. I'd already been to the Echo dealer, and looked at the CS-400 and CS-500P. Both are nice saws, but neither tried to come home with me. I sat the new 346XP beside my dad's old Husky 36, and they seemed to be almost the same size and weight.

I read somewhere on here that you should just do some research, and buy the saw that you want. I honestly don't think I would have been happy with an Echo after looking at the 346XP in person. The size, balance, and weight of the 346XP are perfect for me. I'd bet there are plenty that have that same experience with the Echo saws, or any brand for that matter.

I guess I won't be able to tell about the Echo saws in terms of quality, so this is maybe a bit off topic. I guess I'll be reading more about the 346XP now. I don't have a case for it, so maybe I'll buy a cheap saw from the bay that has a case with it. Oh, and my uncle might let me have one of his old saws if I can fix it. Oh, and there's that one I've been looking at in the pawn shop...

:rock:

Good info. Just a quick question. Does the CS-400 have two bar nuts? I like the Husqvarna 445 but I think they only have one bar nut and my dad has had trouble with those coming lose. I'm kinda shopping for my first saw. My dad's little Husky is at least 15 years old and he's got a SuperXL that's older than I am. I plan on using wood for heat when I build my own house and will eventually need a new saw, and I'd like to get away with only having one. I wouldn't tackle anything over 2 ft in diameter and I would think most of the stuff I would cut would be under 18". With modding and tuning will the CS-400 handle 18" occasionally?

If not for budget restraints I'd probably start collecting saws. They are pretty cool. I like the Echo CS-500 and the Makita DCS510 but I just don't need them. The Makita is one of the coolest looking saws I've seen. I bet the big companies could charge %20 more for special color editions of their saws.

i have 2 echo saws and i love them both. i bought a cs 450 new in march. with a 16" bar. its a nice saw. i wouldnt go to a bigger bar unless i do some modifying of it. and i have cs 6700. it doesnt rev out like a jonny but it sure has a bark! the saws that they have at home depot are different than what you would buy at echo dealer. their made with cheap plastic cases. so pretty much low use, homeowner saws. thats why i bought my new cs 450 at a dealer instead of a big store as home depot.

They seem easy to maintain and pretty decent quality. Overall I like my echo saw (parts are easy to get, screw on caps, starts every time). I run stihl chainsaws for the most part but I have a cs400 in the mix. Bought it because the price was right, I don't use it a ton but its a good saw to have around. My best experience with echo has been with they're weedeaters though, those things are tough as nails.

I think Echo saws are about the best buy for the money out there. I picked up a CS8000 a while back, and I am very impressed with the build quality. It was a fire/ rescue saw- I havent had the time to swap out bars and chains but have ran it a bit. Only saw that I have ever owned that starts and runs on the first pull... every single time.

time to buy

Yes the Echo CS400 has 2 bar nuts and they wont pull out like the home owner Stihls, good saw for a bit over $200 off Ebay. Steve

i just bought a cs-450 and was watching a 400 and it went for 182.50 NIB. i was gonna buy the 400 but i found the 450 for 132.75 and wasnt gonna pass it up, toby

We bought a small 14incher.

All I want to carry around.
All I need to cut what I want to carry.

At my buddies sawmill they stopped buying stihls, kept breaking crankshafts, sometimes had to finish what the circle wasn't tall enough, or too long to fit through the door. Hmm,, the world of sawing lumber....errmm, crane mats and firewood now....

They buy huskys now.

But I think the husky name is what your buying like a Harley. Its good, but not that good.

As home use, echo is best bang for buck for performance and quality, as its been mentioned already.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back