How did you come up with your user name?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in 00, I signed up on Xpertsite to answer dog questions. At that time my family was raising about our tenth Lab for a dog guide school. It was the first thing I though of. Xpertsite is long gone, but I am still using it on every site I infest, but one where I am Labmaneverwhere else.

Mine is chess vernacular b/c I like to use knights on the chess board early and often. They don't move in straight lines like the other pieces so they can sometimes be interpreted as making wild moves.

My kids hated my effective use of knights.

New here but Wray is the last name. I needed a user name that I could remember, wanted it to be a littlle "sciencey" since I work in the space program and xwray was the only thing I could come up with.

Unfortunately most think I'm a radiologist

It was spawned from the movie 'Malibu's most wanted', where the main character refused to acknowledge his real name Brad Gluckman, instead he went by B-Rad G, I just sorta took it from there.

It is the name that I use on all the forums I am on.

New here but Wray is the last name. I needed a user name that I could remember, wanted it to be a littlle "sciencey" since I work in the space program and xwray was the only thing I could come up with.

Unfortunately most think I'm a radiologist

You any relation to the Colorado Wray's?

One of my hobbies is jetboats. The one I have now is a tunnel hull with blown innercooled 509 big block Chevrolet that employs a dry sump oiling system, similiar what is used in NASCARs. Utilization of a dry sump oiling system is extremely rare in jetboats especially in one that has "close quarters" as in a tunnel hull jet. I installed this system for it's technical merits, the challenge of fittting the system in the tight space, and simply to be different.

Due to the rarity of this arrangement, this boat was featured in a article in "Hot Boat Magazine" a couple of years ago. The article was titled "Drysumpjet", hense the screen name.

are you kidding me????? :censored: Because IT'S what I like to DO!

Eat Tofu? Vegetarians, they get everywhere.

Pretty dull, mine. Drive a Landrover. Bit too old to be a boy, but i`m never very imaginative in my eagerness too sign up to a new site.

One of my hobbies is jetboats. The one I have now is a tunnel hull with blown innercooled 509 big block Chevrolet that employs a dry sump oiling system, similiar what is used in NASCARs. Utilization of a dry sump oiling system is extremely rare in jetboats especially in one that has "close quarters" as in a tunnel hull jet. I installed this system for it's technical merits, the challenge of fittting the system in the tight space, and simply to be different.

Due to the rarity of this arrangement, this boat was featured in a article in "Hot Boat Magazine" a couple of years ago. The article was titled "Drysumpjet", hense the screen name.

Hot Boat had a magazine? :hmm3grin2orange:

I could of used my boating name '502Jet' but......
My screen name comes from the number I use on the CB radio '454'.
15596DSC00831_1_-med.JPG

how I got my name

I got mine because it is the model number of the radio right by my computer. That way I can't forget

Hot Boat had a magazine? :hmm3grin2orange:

I could of used my boating name '502Jet' but......
My screen name comes from the number I use on the CB radio '454'.
15596DSC00831_1_-med.JPG

Funny you said that, those are the exact words that were often used on the now defunct Hot Boat Forums.

"Had" is a good way of putting it. Hot Boat Magazine was bought out about a year ago, and then went "belly-up" the first of this year. My guess they lost their advertising revenue due to the economy resulting in the lack of new boat sales. Too bad as I had many issues left on my subscription!

Who made your hull?

Funny you said that, those are the exact words that were often used on the now defunct Hot Boat Forums.

"Had" is a good way of putting it. Hot Boat Magazine was bought out about a year ago, and then went "belly-up" the first of this year. My guess they lost their advertising revenue due to the economy resulting in the lack of new boat sales. Too bad as I had many issues left on my subscription!

Who made your hull?

I knew you would get the Hot Boat joke, just not everyone else.
I think what sunk Hot Boat was when the new owners shut down the forums the first time, it pissed off a lot of people and they dropped their subscriptions. The advertisers went to Performance Boat.

My boat is an Eliminator Scorpion.

Mine is a combination of my old competitive running days and the LiteFoot snowcat I spent many hours tooling around in the mountains of Utah.

Latest posts

Back