How do you file the propriety husqvarna chains

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl has that chain in RM and RS yellow chain. Gauge is 0.050".

I looked trough the German Stihl catalog (the US one refuses to load at the moment), and couldn't find any mention of .325 Narrow Kerf chain. Regular RS and RM in .050 (23RM and 23RS) is of course (still) available on some markets (as is .058, at least if you insist).

Nothing new with this, but those (regular .325) .050 options have nothing to do with Narrow Kerf . The kerf will be just as wide as with .063, as the top of the cutters are the same - it is just the drive tangs that are narrowed down.

For smaller saws it surely would be intersting if a .325 chisel version that actually is Narrow Kerf turned up, and I believe that is what @Philbert referred to.

I looked trough the German Stihl catalog (the US one refuses to load at the moment), and couldn't find any mention of .325 Narrow Kerf chain. Regular RS and RM in .050 (23RM and 23RS) is of course (still) available on some markets (as is .058, at least if you insist).

Nothing new with this, but those (regular .325) .050 options have nothing to do with Narrow Kerf . The kerf will be just as wide as with .063, as the top of the cutters are the same - it is just the drive tangs that are narrowed down.

For smaller saws it surely would be intersting if a .325 chisel version that actually is Narrow Kerf turned up, and I believe that is what @Philbert referred to.

I'd post a link to the site where I copied these but I'm not sure if that is O.K.? A good Canadian Man started the thread.

325 nk.png 325 nk 2.png 325 nk 3.png Pictures will tell the whole story.....

Stihl USA catalog/website is much like teats on a bull. Just like Stihl dealers that don't want to sell you yellow chain with a new saw.........

P.S. Mr. Troll, can you get Stihl 3/8 picco PMX milling chain from a Stihl dealer?

Logosol had/has a monopoly on it in USA. There was one place that went under, had PMX at 1/2 price of Logosol/Baileys. Baileys seems O.K. with selling a 16" loop @$45 USD

I looked trough the German Stihl catalog . . . and couldn't find any mention of .325 Narrow Kerf chain.

It is new. It is 'coming down the pike' (as some folks say over here), so it has not been introduced everywhere.

Surprisingly, here on A.S. we often hear of new saws, chains, products, etc., long before the dealers do (or admit it it!). I heard of Husqvarna making their own chains here first, and several new STIHL saws here. A local STIHL regional representative confirmed to me that they will be offered for sale here 'later this year', or something like that.

I respect your opinion, and know that you have complained of not having a full chisel, narrow kerf, .325 chain for some time, so I would really look forward to an honest appraisal of it, if you get the chance to run it.

Narrow kerf chain: Oregon made it; Husky decided to take it in house; STIHL decides to play in that game too, and take it up a notch - we are the winners when they all compete?

Philbert

I called Stihl USA about chains. They have their heads so far up their rectum, so far, they can't see light.

No knowledge of Stihl 3/8 picco 63 PMX milling chains, or the new narrow kerf 0.325 23 RS pro. I got to wait on hold, to talk to a moron, only good thing was Allaman Bros Jessica tune while waiting on hold.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=allman+brothers+jessica&t=ffab&ia=videos&iax=videos&iai=oABKdtbLPmQ

Then I asked why dealers need to sell a 461/462 with a green chain, oh we have to stihl/Epa/osha.......then I told him what I thought of corporate Stihl USA not being rude/vulgar, he hung up.

$ithil don't give a $#!t except for $$$

You got 63 PMX and 23 RS pro there? NOPE...............

Stihl 63 PMX has been around for > 25 years. I'll get a stihl box with part #, for You Harley. Look it up. Won't find it. It is 1998 date.

Why do USA consumers get RAPED with no grease for chains from stihl???

Why do USA users put up with corporate STIHL USA????

Stihl USA, is going the way of GM, Mopar, and soon Ford.

Buy up consumables and repair parts, now. $%Uk Stihl USA. I've got enough OLD Stihls to last my life, then that goes to family.

Stihl USA catalog/website is much like teats on a bull. Just like Stihl dealers that don't want to sell you yellow chain with a new saw.........

P.S. Mr. Troll, can you get Stihl 3/8 picco PMX milling chain from a Stihl dealer?

Logosol had/has a monopoly on it in USA. There was one place that went under, had PMX at 1/2 price of Logosol/Baileys. Baileys seems O.K. with selling a 16" loop @$45 USD

I can't really comment on can get at this stage, since I haven't looked in some years - but it was common that Stihl dealers were stocking it earlier. Stihl bars meant for that chain also could be bought (but mostly had to be ordered) - and once upon a time a model called MS660 Logosol, that came with such a cutting attachment on it, also could be ordered trough the Stihl dealers.

All of it was listed in the Stihl catalogs back then - but again I can't comment on how it is today.

No .325 .050 Narrow kerf chain listed there - but that is as expected if it is something that is supposed to appear this year.

Plenty of .325 .050 options (as usual), but only regular chain (with wide cutters etc.) like 23RS and 23RM.

The term 'safety chain' or 'green label' was severely damaged when early designs were clumsy, slow, poor chains with low performance. Today 'safety' chain is a different beast, has changed fornthe better, it cuts fast & performs well. Most types of cutting, its not much different to 'yellow' chain. But try to convince anyone of this is VERY difficult. Especially the new to saws guy with a ms180 he thinks is a competition hotsaw that needs 'more aggressive' chain.

The term 'safety chain' or 'green label' was severely damaged when early designs were clumsy, slow, poor chains with low performance. Today 'safety' chain is a different beast, has changed fornthe better, it cuts fast & performs well. Most types of cutting, its not much different to 'yellow' chain. But try to convince anyone of this is VERY difficult. Especially the new to saws guy with a ms180 he thinks is a competition hotsaw that needs 'more aggressive' chain.

Lies of life;

The check is in the mail

Diversity is beautiful

I won't XXX in your mouth

Here is what is in a 1999 catalog.....

View attachment 762718 View attachment 762719

When might Stihl USA pull their head out of their Arses Harley?

Got a announcement date?

Call them up, get a sheeple. Duller than a chain cutting railroad tracks.

At this point nothing Stilh for me, unless NOS or I can't get NOS.

I've got from 020- 066 and in between.

About 2-3 boxes of NOS chains, bars, too. I'm sure those will be made, by "STIHL", of Chinesium soon too.

Did they tell you to wear kevlar gloves when sharpening a chain too?
I remember being forced to watch a Stihl update video in lieu of going to a school. The guys in the video were wearng thick gloves while they were servicing a carb. Was given a stern look by the dealership owner when I started laughing and joking.

I also had a customer that refused to touch a chain without putting on thick leather gloves, had to tease him a bit too!

Back