How do you get your saws to the wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually use the ATVs for most adventures in the woods. What works best for me for hauling tools and such is a 50 gallon plastic tote on the rear rack. It can fit 2 saws, gas, oil, 5 gallon pail with small stuff and still have room for more.

It also works for hauling smaller rounds out like here where I can't bring the 4x6 trailer so I'm forced to use the small trailer and tote.

Note that the bungee straps just hold it DOWN, the tote is screwed to a piece of plywood that has some pipe pieces attached to the bottom that then align with existing holes in the rack. The pipes keep the tote/plywood from shifting side-t0-side. It's actually quite stable considering it takes all of 20 seconds to mount to the ATV.

Here it is in use on our frozen creek last year (a no-snow year). As a side note, the trailer tipped over sideways with this load as I was pulling it out of the creek bed. Shortly after that I installed a longer axle and wider tires and haven't had a problem since.

Attachments

• IMG_1795.JPG
    IMG_1795.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 70
This is the ATV that I use to go to the woods with, BEFORE I bought my Kubota S&S,

standard.jpg

It worked pretty good, even in the winter,

standard.jpg

The S&S is just so much better of an ATV for that job, although I love my Grizzly, these days it just sits in the barn...

SR

more great shots out in the bush from 'the toy king!'... oops, sorry...

I mean "The Tool KING!" :numberone:

:)

ps: SR, if I had your toys, well... umm tools - I would throw mine away... :laughing:

pss: on a cold day, out in the snow... gathering firewood... whence the work is done:

:givebeer:

:yes:

I picked up two of these saw caddies because I have two tractors but only mounted one. Works great.

I modified this carry all by adding a draw bar and platform to it so I can use the chains and deck as needed.

I picked up two of these saw caddies because I have two tractors but only mounted one. Works great.

I modified this carry all by adding a draw bar and platform to it so I can use the chains and deck as needed.

That rig is too clean for reality. Call me when you get grunge.

I cut firewood for my moms outdoor stove and mine. Nothing fancy but it works well for me. The trailer is an old semi trailer cut down to 16' with hydraulic dump. Most of the wood I cut into 14' logs and haul them 1/2 mile down the road to the house and finish cutting and splitting there. Just got the wallenstein winch this summer and that baby is amazing.
08d395105febae19c62ff9cf7fb2de17.jpg
87fe20b022ec501b363c8566ed41babe.jpg
04de473e10a73b9460c51e0dc45bb0eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just carry my stuff like this.

Motorsaegentasche003.jpg

I carry my stuff sometimes too but pack a lot lighter . One saw,extra bar an chian if i get into a pinch, the gas can with mix in one side bar oil in other. And i got a chainsaw multitool that has enough sruff on it to work on saws. A wedge and water.
I cary saw and gas can and all the other little stuff gets jammed in pockets.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I cut firewood for my moms outdoor stove and mine. Nothing fancy but it works well for me. The trailer is an old semi trailer cut down to 16' with hydraulic dump. Most of the wood I cut into 14' logs and haul them 1/2 mile down the road to the house and finish cutting and splitting there. Just got the wallenstein winch this summer and that baby is amazing.
08d395105febae19c62ff9cf7fb2de17.jpg
87fe20b022ec501b363c8566ed41babe.jpg
04de473e10a73b9460c51e0dc45bb0eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if anybody was to axe me... I would say: wood-logging ops, level: mid range... at its finest! enjoyed the pix... and thinking about all the wood hauling, loading, cutting and splitting for you and your mom... impressive to say the least! any pix of your wood splitting ops?... I read here on AS where one poster said he never got too tired of watching chain saw vids... well, me? as far as I am concerned... I never get too tired of seeing all the... so many awesome pix of others wood gathering activities, farms, places, scenes and equipment. each pix is a story in and of itself... pix work for me! :)

SEE what you can do with your money when you NEVER drink, NEVER smoke and NEVER do any drugs...

You can buy all kinds of things...
orig.gif

SR
Yes i agree. With the cost of smokes around $12 a pack il sure glad i dont smoke or ever have. I do like my wiskey but a bottle could last me months.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back