How do you guys haul your saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 3/8" grade 70 chain through the rear handles and padlocked down. The MS200T rides on the floor in the backseat.

DSCF0601.jpg

I use a lump of wood to stop some of the saws falling over and a rubber mat to stop them sliding around.

The red "saw stand" weighs about 60lbs and is rather handy when sharpening the chain, which I do often when cutting this type of wood.

Notice the 346xp in the far corner also has a stand to prevent it from rolling around like a tumble weed lol.

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 185136View attachment 185137

How do you guys haul your firewood? Trailer or bigger truck?

How about some pics and specs of your personal trucks? Also what kind of mileage do you get and how much is fuel now?

How about some pics and specs of your personal trucks? Also what kind of mileage do you get and how much is fuel now?

I usually use the little 3 ton truck in the pic to haul most of the firewood - it has a 3 way tipper which is pretty handy. For bigger jobs, large logs etc. we use a 12 ton tipper. The loader is very helpful also especially for the 100+lbs. rounds.
I am not sure about the mileage as I just fill up on the farm and the price for gas/diesel is around $1.40/L where I am anyways.

attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 185150

View attachment 185147

Some mighty clean saws... you guys trimmin' rose bushes?

Gary

LOLOL!!! Yeah they would throw up if they saw mine...
and they arent going any where near the interior of my truck!!!! with bar oil oozzing, sawedfines caked and pinepitch sticking!!!

Last edited:
Some mighty clean saws... you guys trimmin' rose bushes?

Gary

My saws hadn't even seen wood yet in this pic.....

2011-04-30075452.jpg

....... on their way to the first job for them......

3-2.jpg

.......they no longer look as pretty but I still carry them this way as it's all I got. I'd trim roses all day if I got paid.:msp_wink:

I have a Z71 Tahoe and a Jeep Commander so my saws ride in style on a piece of shag in the back.

I haul all my wood on a 18 ft flat bet trailer that used to be a travel trailer so it has a heavy duty axle.

All my saws ride either on the front rack or back rack of the 4 wheeler with rubber bungee's securing them

here is a obligatory pic of at least my trailer and 4 wheeler, I thought I had a pick of the Tahoe and Commander but I can't find them.

chainsawtoday034.jpg

sawpic016.jpg

When I am towing the sled with the saws aboard, I have them placed on a 2x12 I have cut with a slot to fit the dogs so there is no pressure placed on them. The saw is secured to this piece of board by a short bungie cord. I have been thinking I should put a couple of pieces of radiator hose on the board for cushioning.

hahaha, I was going to mention the knockoff Starlifter too.

Looks like a nice job ;)

haha, i saw a pic of it once and built if from that (not dimensionally accurate) lol. But it still does the job and keeps the chain away from the dirt.

My plastic stihl saw case is barely holding together on it's last hinge. I'll probably just do what i used to do. I always carry a small tarp, so i kind of wrap the saw in the tarp and keep it in place with my racheting bed bar.

Fart, I cut up an old plastic oil bottle and used self tappers to make new hinges. Took less than 5 min.

Bean like this for years.

Last edited:

Not sure if you were just after the pros but thought I would post up any ways as it would be something different to what you have over there.

Its a 2004 Holden commodore 1 tonner ute
3.8L V6 Auto with a 6ftx8ft tray
It gets 11L per 100km.
Pic is about 3/4 loaded.
I only get wood for heating 3 months a year so I do 3 of these and in set.
I work on a minesite so I just go to there latest clearing and pick what I want from the massive rows before they burn them.

13042011671-1.jpg

13042011672.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if you were just after the pros but thought I would post up any ways as it would be something different to what you have over there.

Its a 2004 Holden commodore 1 tonner ute
3.8L V6 Auto with a 6ftx8ft tray
It gets 11L per 100km.
Pic is about 3/4 loaded.
I only get wood for heating 3 months a year so I do 3 of these and in set.
I work on a minesite so I just go to there latest clearing and pick what I want from the massive rows before they burn them.

Nice ute you have there Corrupt and you're source of firewood sounds like a good deal too!

You Aussies have some sweet vehicles down under... I wish I could have one...

Al's Patrol is one that I'd like... :)

Latest posts

Back