How do you know when you need a new bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't really see where the OP said it was cutting on an angle? My first thought was a slipping clutch or rakers too high. Possibly a severely worn drive sprocket? I have found/watched that all cutters don't need to be the same height/length as long as the rakers are set for each cutter. I don't know how extreme you can have different height cutters but a few mm difference has no effect on how straight your saw cuts..

I didn't really see where the OP said it was cutting on an angle? My first thought was a slipping clutch or rakers too high. Possibly a severely worn drive sprocket? I have found/watched that all cutters don't need to be the same height/length as long as the rakers are set for each cutter. I don't know how extreme you can have different height cutters but a few mm difference has no effect on how straight your saw cuts..

That was my first thought. Last time my saw had issues with not cutting, and cutting on an angle the culprit was my rakers. 5 minuets with a raker gauge and it cut like new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my first thought. Last time my saw had issues with not cutting, and cutting on an angle the culprit was my rakers. 5 minuets with a raker gauge and it cut like new.

Was using a new chain

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Was using a new chain

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I’ve had a brand new 32” skip tooth chain cut angled. I sharpened it, hit the rakers and all better. (China chain)

Back