How do you make a living?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day job is to drive the Brown truck. Any other time is trying to tend to my 80 acres of hay/pasture, help father with his 120 and cattle, cut wood, family time, etc. This spring I am looking at putting in peaches and blueberries. Was self taught net admin for 6 years(novell) prior to current.

Last edited:
Predictive Services Analyst: Vibration analysis, Infared Thermography, Laser Alignmnet on industrial equipment.

I work for a small township water authority as there operator and farm about 350 acres plus keep 100 to 120 beef.

Farmed for a lifetime until 2000,owned and operated school bus 24 years,11 years as heavy equiptment operator and for the last 3 years driving a semi hauling tanks(gas,diesel,jet fuel,ethanol,bio products,sulphuric acid,caustic soda,soap,propane,anhydrous amonia and just about any other nasty thing that can be hauled in a tanker)

I am currently a student at Kent State University. Work background includes maintenance worker at a camp ground, groundie for a tree company, ebaying chainsaws and some motorcycles, and lastly, a firewood seller.

I'm a part time back up p*rn star:) No really I've had a couple "careers" I started the first 7 years after graduating as a metal fabricator until I had some liver transplants, then I did a career change and now I'm a office geek working as a detailer (draftsmen) for a company named Nucor Building Systems, detailing steel buildings. Welding still makes me money at home when I feel like taking on a fun project, and I've been picking up some jobs with my skidsteer as of late. Thats my money making story:cheers:

Last edited:
Firefighter/Paramedic for the last 21 years. I also teach part-time for the State Fire Academy. In my spare time I help a buddy bale hay. One wife, four kids, one grandson, five horses, six dogs, and four cats.

In my former life I was an aircraft refueler, baggage handler, de-icer and airplane mechanic.

I have a soft-spot for Draft horses, old tractors, Can-Am ATVs, and airplanes with round engines.

im a union laborer out of local 83. been doing construction work since i got out of highschool. been union for almost nine years now. my guidance counceler tried to get me to go to college, just wasnt me. ive met alot of great down to earth people doing what i do and i enjoy the fulfilment of a hard days work. also makes for a great stress reliever.

Phone guy in my 35th year,, 8 months to go!!!:givebeer:
Have done warehousing, installation, analogue and digital switching, data carrier, etc etc, now on the line crew,,, no stress there, many changes can't wait to get out. Love to fix things. Saws and fire wood are a cool hobby thats why I'm here. I do enjoy you all:greenchainsaw:

Back