how do you stow your saws in the shed??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paz

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
well its come time that i need to get my saws(10+) off the floor/bench and onto some sort of shelf,,sick of tripping over 'em and always having to move them cause they are in the way :rolleyes: ,,so c'mon guys,,show us some pics of what you have set up..or..tell us what you have..
i was thinking of making some steel shelves out of 16 guage sheet..about a 14" shelf,,8' long and possibly a varying distance apart from 12" to 18"..

You can get cheap self supporting shelf units made of galv steel from most hardware stores. Mine has 3 levels, each shelf can carry 3 top handles or small backhandles or 2 bigger saws (066's etc) I really need to get a second set. Should set you back about 20 bucks and makes life so much easier.Bars stick out though. Im sure some guys have some more innovative and cooler storage systems.

some old conveyer belt from quarrys make good mats for saws.them white plastic roadside markers are hollow,they make good bar covers.

my shop is on the first floor so i built shelves under the stairs and faced the bars in under the steps. i also put the cheap shelves along side of the stairs with the bars facing under(saws close too the treads need bar covers). on the other side of the stairs is a 10 foot work bench with a shelf under it and the bars face in,under it. i have rolling benches with shelves and saws under them too. antiques hang from the rafters.
Never Leave A Saw On The Cement Floor.
i have so much summer "stuff" in the way i'll try to take a pic.

looking good guys....seems my idea of having narrow shelves might not be as efficient as a deep shelf,,i see marty has 12 good sized saws on the one shelf set-up...
i might have to go for a moonlight drive i think lopa;)....

Not a collector but my 3 have their specific spots.

2 are under the benches back far enough you have to be on your knees to reach them, actually to see them.

1 is my decoy on top of the bench along with the milk carton containing the tool kit, oil and gas. Hoping the next thief will just take the decoy and not look further.

Harry K

Make sure to air condition that shop (unless you live in a dry climate). It would be bad for those nice saws to die a slow corrosive death while sitting on the shelf.

Get yourself a tree trunk about 12" DBH,6 ft tall, build a stand on it so it stands upright, plunge cut through the wood, shut off the saw, and let it hang in there.
Seen many done like that at saw shops over the years.
Though, some of you guys would need to bring in a dam forest!!! :D

Or, do like me, and leave them pinned up in the trucks.
-Ralph

HPIM0554.jpg

HPIM0553.jpg

HPIM0552.jpg

HPIM0551.jpg

fish,
i did that trick years ago. took an old tree stump and stood it up in one of the bays. must have been too green. the bars rusted. i moved some stuff around(did not put it away) so you could see the under the stairs trick. marty

Holy smoke

Blowdown1 said:
Mange, you're a sick man. You know that? ;)

Mange,

You have enough saws to arm a whole nation of woodworkers ! BTW Did the swedish government ask you lately to put them at use for the removal of Gudrun victims ?

Nah :)
But a few loggers as been here wanting saws and help finding parts, and get service.
I sold about 15 saws or somethig for loggers in the track of Gudrun.
These where not pro's by the real sense of the word, they are mostly owners that need better stuff to cut with.

Back