how do you transport your wood out of the forest?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peterwick

Peterwick

No vehicles?

get a donkey- thats not a vehicle. Maybe a team of dogs? or one of those electric tractors would be OK with the ranger.

sachsmo

sachsmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Aint got a "forest" but since the "woods" is 300' out my front door----

the old Bolens 1050 and Rubbermaid wagon work just fine.

user 64030

user 64030

ArboristSite Guru
brncreeper

brncreeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hay racks and a 100hp loader tractor.
View attachment 216917View attachment 216918View attachment 216920
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

user 64030

user 64030

ArboristSite Guru
Umm. I think you're right DW.

I have found that w/ a 110v mig welder w/ shielding gas vs. flux core, and a little trial and error I can build many things I want, stronger and cheaper than I can buy them. Built a rock solid tandem axle (walking axle) ATV trailer for about what I could buy one from norther, except mine is about twice the strength if not more....

Wheels/hubs/bearings is where the cost is you just can't fab that stuff easy.

dw

Isna

Logging and sharing it (teaching)
. AS Supporting Member.
Depends... Yamaha ATV + trailer, Renault 80hp tractor, Iveco off-road dump truck, Toyota hilux + 4500lbs trailer, manpower (we have 26 employees), winch... This week, for a change, this is what we are using:
View attachment 216941
Also works fine, today, it did take two to pull a 25" oak log. You could see they were giving all they had...
View attachment 216942

Last edited:
timber_horse

timber_horse

ArboristSite Lurker
I use him :rock: he is a light cold-blooded horse (15 y.o.) born to be a harness trotter but wasn't fast enough,
he is more than fast enough when pulling logs you have to keep up :smile2:

attachment.php

Not so big logs over here:

attachment.php

The arch is very light the wheels are removed in the winter.

Jakers

Jakers

Owner - Arbor Jake's Tree Service, LLC
*subscribing*
I use lots of meathods. usually i prefer to buck all my wood in the woods so i dont get dirt in the bark and dull my chain so fast. after that its a 4 wheeler with a trailer to the truck. if i can park close enuf ill just carry it to the truck. truck is usually my 87 f250 with a 6.9 diesel and a 4 speed but i have used my 1/2t 95 chev shortbox or my 98 3/4t dodge 5.9 cummins 5sp. also been known to load up the 27ft gooseneck with logs. I never split in the woods due to my splitter being rather large and requiring a tractor PTO to power the pump. altho sometimes i have to split the pieces small enuf to lift in the woods but thats done by hand. I can see ill have to figure out how to take pics and post them now. I also use a tractor mounted hyd winch for the unreachable logs but only skid them as far as i need to

OhioGregg

OhioGregg

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I use a 1950 8N and an old farmer built trailer.;) Small enough to get around the woods pretty good. The gearing & traction of a tractor handles pulling a load much easier than a ATV or garden tractor for me. Especially when the ground is soft.

4200Ash021.jpg

Oak016.jpg

100_0477-1.jpg

Oak019.jpg

:cheers:
Gregg,

Latest posts