How do you use your saw (s)(ssssss)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you use your saw(s)?

• Total voters
I must live in the old folks neighborhood -LOL

I would go tell my neighbor to quit if I had a problem with noise before I would call the PD.

I like the idea of giving them some firewood - maybe that will work.

:greenchainsaw:

I have 2 saws (Echo CS-520 and Stihl 021) which I use mostly for cutting firewood.
Basically, the 520 is my felling saw and the 021 is my limbing saw. The Echo is so much faster than the 021 and with a 16" bar its just as easy to use for limbing, so Im thinking about selling the 021 and buying an Echo in the 60-80cc range.

none of the above

There is no option for I have 2 saws that I use to cut trees, mill lumber, frame sheds, landscape the yard, bore holes, do interior trim work, carve pottery, scare the cat, impress women, put up drywall, build muscle tone, etc...

There is also so option for the race saw guys

Four saws for cutting firewood: ms180;026;046;mcC 438 backup/loaner. I provide for me,my parents and my bro.
I also do all the cutting and clearing at the gunclub and a bit every now and again at farms i shoot over.

There is no option for I have 2 saws that I use to cut trees, mill lumber, frame sheds, landscape the yard, bore holes, do interior trim work, carve pottery, scare the cat, impress women, put up drywall, build muscle tone, etc...

Hmmm , I'd say 4seasons has a couple of MS361's :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

Sorry.....I'm not the official poll guy

There is also so option for the race saw guys

Sorry.....I'm not the official poll guy!

When I made the pole I basically wanted to know how many posters used their saws for work and, like me, those who have them to cut firewood and other things.

It looks like the firewood guys are ahead. Although it's tough to tell because some of the pros may not be voting.

Dan

Well, when there isn't any logging going on, like now, I use Twinkle to open up roads and I get paid for it. Twinkle is not my saw but is my employer's and I treat Twinkle well. Twinkle and I worked at "chasing" for a few sunny hours last winter, but I usually am following the snow line and cutting the hemlocks out of the roads. The woodcutters turn their noses up at hemlock so they don't cut them out of the roads.

Here's a photo from a day of serious road opening. I was thinking, "Don't drop the saw."
attachment.php

I also have The Barbie Saw, which is the twin of Twinkle and is my own. The Barbie Saw cuts firewood and slays the occasional tree. Very occasional, I am not a faller!

And, I bring both of my saws along with me when we get nasty storms in the area. As a firefighter we open up roads when the big storms come through. It's a blast to clean up a road in a matter of minutes with a bunch of help and a nice saw!

I bought my first saw while living on my dad's farm, an early 80's Husky. Moved up to a 272xp when a friend and I bought a woodlot with large oaks on it.
Later bought a 41 because I thought I was getting too old to hoist the 272.

Then........I joined this god forsaken site and just look at my signature.

I actually buy, tinker and sell, but we won't get started on that touchy issue!

Right now I mostly use them for the firewood business and some personal use as well.

I have even entertained the idea of trying another brand lately to see what all the fuss is about, I think I have taken a turn towards open-mindedness...................

Last edited:
No money in it for me...

I have several--one Poulan super 25, one Echo 440EVL, one McCulloch 610, one (almost new) Stihl 361 my wife got for me, and two project saws in buckets--for camp cooking wood (I use dutch ovens), trimming on Dad's farm and my 10 acres, and mostly lately for volunteer work helping others when the ice storms/tornadoes/severe spring weather/floods hit.

I have had 10 weeks off of work this spring and have been cutting firewood to sell. This is a slow part of the year for us in the construction field and I have no saws for sale, so out to the woods to cut. I must have 10 or 15 saws but must of the time use the smaller ones because the trees are not that big here.

Cut to clear fencerows and new fields etc. on the farm, and occaisionally for others that are willing to pay.

Cut for two familys heat.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Latest posts

Back