How hot is it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few weeks ago I was driving to Palm Desert CA when two miles from my mom's house my engine really let go. At first I did not diagnosis problem exact but started an engine tear down any way. The first couple of days 104 to 108 quite unpleasant but not a deal breaker. This time of year humidity is always 60 to 90 % which is difficult but then 112 114 and finally 123 F with a great big cooling trend of 116 and all the while staying above 60% humidity. As I finished the valve grind and assembling the head I realized I was making many mistakes when the AC quit in the house. Got the AC fixed and almost a week over due made it back to my mountain paradise. Should have paid the four hundred bucks extra and had it towed home. Thanks

Hot here too in the NE. Today was 98F add the humidity it was around 104F. Moved 150 second crop squares into the upper mow of the barn with 14 rounds into the main floor. It always works out that you are moving hay on the hottest damb day of the year. No AC here so a fan and a cold beer are all got. Hopefully it will cool off tomorrow afternoon.
Never failed when it was time to bale hay here. Always the hottest days of the year. I'm down to about an acre of alfalfa and that's it.

Never failed when it was time to bale hay here. Always the hottest days of the year. I'm down to about an acre of alfalfa and that's it.
I grew up near a dairy farm that ran about 150 head of Holsteins. They would silage first crop but every summer they would hire anyone they could to load second crop hay. We are talking open cab tractors and square bailers with no kicker. For us kids it was good money. We would run behind a Ford Ferguson towing 2 hay wagons, grab a bale and dump it in the moving cart for somebody to stack. Older kids would show off grabbing two bales. Hotter than the hinges of hell. It was like something out of cool hand Luke with the road tar scene. When the carts were full, we would then unload the bales in the barn. Good times. Only 97F here today with humidity it is 103F. Put up the last 30 squares today. Always feels good to get the hay in the barn.

Latest posts

Back