How hot is it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a typical Aussie summer here.

take it easy on the roads, tyres suffer from heat, especially if you dont have the correct pressures, on hot days we reduce speed.

sorry to see you guys getting hit like this, at least you have some humidity, it reduces the fire risk.
Had a few 47 deg days a few years ago, it cooked all the stone fruit on the tree, got stone burn, so no apricots, peaches, that year, nor on the 45-46deg day either.

Even the resident roos came in and lay down under the sprinklers of the vegy patch.

pic of the fridge thermometer, I use for a weather station, the temp sensor labeled fridge is out under the front veranda near the stone wall, so its actually a bit hotter as the stone dampens the temp a bit.

janheatreading.jpgKangaroosprinkler.jpgKangaroovegpatch.jpg

Sounds like a typical Aussie summer here.

take it easy on the roads, tyres suffer from heat, especially if you dont have the correct pressures, on hot days we reduce speed.

sorry to see you guys getting hit like this, at least you have some humidity, it reduces the fire risk.
Had a few 47 deg days a few years ago, it cooked all the stone fruit on the tree, got stone burn, so no apricots, peaches, that year, nor on the 45-46deg day either.

Even the resident roos came in and lay down under the sprinklers of the vegy patch.

pic of the fridge thermometer, I use for a weather station, the temp sensor labeled fridge is out under the front veranda near the stone wall, so its actually a bit hotter as the stone dampens the temp a bit.

View attachment 915920View attachment 915921View attachment 915922
Those friends of yours look pretty smart getting a little misting to keep cool. We are at almost 1900 m so we never get much over 36 or 37 C but I just spent three weeks in the desert at -40 m rebuilding my car when the AC quit. I had to make a make shift mister like that to work on the condenser since it was over 50 C. The sheet metal would leave red marks on my hands so had to make some rain. Thanks

Those friends of yours look pretty smart getting a little misting to keep cool. We are at almost 1900 m so we never get much over 36 or 37 C but I just spent three weeks in the desert at -40 m rebuilding my car when the AC quit. I had to make a make shift mister like that to work on the condenser since it was over 50 C. The sheet metal would leave red marks on my hands so had to make some rain. Thanks
Have to wear gloves if picking up anything out in the sun, it will burn you quite badly if you dont.
I lifted up a bottle jack using the 1/2" metal rod thru the pump piece, and it left blisters across both hands.
Quite common for people to add misters to their house air con condensor systems to help when its 43 and over.
Never added any to a vehicle, but always keep them clean and have good air flow.

Only going to 36c/97f here today, but we've had no rain in 3 weeks and the ground has big cracks in some places.

Mild compared to Lytton BC, which saw a temperature of 121° f, just shy of 50° C. The town is now ash as something started a fire which swiftly burned it to the ground.

My boy is splitting wood today in the light rain. Nothing but rain, feels cold after all the heat.

Back