How long os a bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msb1766

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Poulan 2775 Farmhand, 46cc with a 20" bar onit, How long can I for a couple of uses a year 24"? is 24" too much for this saw?

20" is too much for that saw, 18", probably pushing it. A 16" would be about right if you don't push it too hard. I guess you could always lock the chain brake and use it as a cross cut. :rolleyes:

they come with 20s onum.but i hope u have better luck with yours than i did the 2 i tried. not gettin into u buisiness but if u still can, see, if they will take it back an get the 295.poulan pro.jmho. good luck

I have had no problems with it at all its 2 years old cut down and cut up about 25 trees with it for firewood. What is the differance between the regular and the pro models?

if u been running it 2 yrs and still like it.
i wont say no more. but i still dont think its gonna do much with a 24 inch bar.
then again i didnt think that saw would be running at 2 yrs ,thats why i took mine back. a whole lot of a tools quality
is determined by the user knowing his tool . so more power to u. an good luck.

Well I feel like cutting to the chase here. As posted earlier it will not run a 24" effectively and you should be glad you got 25 trees and 2 years out of a $100 box store saw. The way I see it that is $4 a tree not too bad. As for the 24" experts please correct me if I am wrong but I doubt any company is building long bars for Poulans. I believe your only hope would be NOS or unless they are uni-mount or fit some of the Huskys. I have a new 20" that will fit that saw and I would love to send it to someone for $17.

Just my random observations,

Bill

how big a saw?

I'd say you are about 20cc's short of pulling a 24" bar with your Poulan. The old 4000 Poulan @ 65 cc's was almost enough and does okay if the chain is sharp, it was nearly unstoppable with an 18" bar. You'd be better off getting a bigger saw than trying to wamp the $hit out of the poulan you have. More cc's is your best option.

Latest posts

Back