How long os a bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
msb1766

msb1766

ArboristSite Lurker
I have a Poulan 2775 Farmhand, 46cc with a 20" bar onit, How long can I for a couple of uses a year 24"? is 24" too much for this saw?

WOLF_RIVER_MIKE

WOLF_RIVER_MIKE

ArboristSite Guru
20" is too much for that saw, 18", probably pushing it. A 16" would be about right if you don't push it too hard. I guess you could always lock the chain brake and use it as a cross cut. :rolleyes:

tony marks

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
they come with 20s onum.but i hope u have better luck with yours than i did the 2 i tried. not gettin into u buisiness but if u still can, see, if they will take it back an get the 295.poulan pro.jmho. good luck

msb1766

msb1766

ArboristSite Lurker
I have had no problems with it at all its 2 years old cut down and cut up about 25 trees with it for firewood. What is the differance between the regular and the pro models?

tony marks

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
if u been running it 2 yrs and still like it.
i wont say no more. but i still dont think its gonna do much with a 24 inch bar.
then again i didnt think that saw would be running at 2 yrs ,thats why i took mine back. a whole lot of a tools quality
is determined by the user knowing his tool . so more power to u. an good luck.

Bill G

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Well I feel like cutting to the chase here. As posted earlier it will not run a 24" effectively and you should be glad you got 25 trees and 2 years out of a $100 box store saw. The way I see it that is $4 a tree not too bad. As for the 24" experts please correct me if I am wrong but I doubt any company is building long bars for Poulans. I believe your only hope would be NOS or unless they are uni-mount or fit some of the Huskys. I have a new 20" that will fit that saw and I would love to send it to someone for $17.

Just my random observations,

Bill

geofore

geofore

Addicted to ArboristSite
how big a saw?

I'd say you are about 20cc's short of pulling a 24" bar with your Poulan. The old 4000 Poulan @ 65 cc's was almost enough and does okay if the chain is sharp, it was nearly unstoppable with an 18" bar. You'd be better off getting a bigger saw than trying to wamp the $hit out of the poulan you have. More cc's is your best option.