How long will oil stay good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jags

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Just wondering if there is any such thing as a shelf life on 2 cycle and bar oil. I am not so worried about the bar oil, but the Stihl 2 cycle oil also has a fuel stabilizer in it and wondered if it could go bad. I am going to a sale that will have quite a bit of stihl bar oil and 2 cycle oil. It would most likely be years worth for me, thats why I am asking.

oil

Just wondering if there is any such thing as a shelf life on 2 cycle and bar oil. I am not so worried about the bar oil, but the Stihl 2 cycle oil also has a fuel stabilizer in it and wondered if it could go bad. I am going to a sale that will have quite a bit of stihl bar oil and 2 cycle oil. It would most likely be years worth for me, thats why I am asking.

as long as the packages are sealed no worries period.

oil etc.

I hope to start importing towed self powered flail mowers in the every near future-really makes me wish that Mott Mower did not go out of business-I guess they were bought and shut down to eliminate competition; the argument that flail mowers are unsafe is nothing but hogwash-it is so insulting hogs will not wash with it:D :chainsawguy: :blob2:

Mott got bought out. I forget what company it was. The company that bought them out still makes them.

At the state of iowa dot auction in june they sold a 20 foot mounted flail mower unit for like 400 bucks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back