How many cords do you think??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood Splitter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
There is a guy that I am going to be getting a load of wood from. His dump trailer is 14X7 with the metal mesh extension side on it which im thinking are about 4 feet high. hes going to be delivering pole length wood on it cut to 14' long. How many cords do you think will come on it?

Tough to answer

A lot depends upon how straight the poles are, how tightly they pack the trailer, and how high and how wide they carry out the load on the trailer. Two or three strategically placed twisted logs, or even logs with large untrimmed branch nubs can really screw up how a load packs.

Based upon my experience with grapple loads and their ultimate yield vs. bunk dimensions, I would estimate if you get an honest 2-1/2 cord when cut, split, and stacked you've done well.

Take Care

There is a guy that I am going to be getting a load of wood from. His dump trailer is 14X7 with the metal mesh extension side on it which im thinking are about 4 feet high. hes going to be delivering pole length wood on it cut to 14' long. How many cords do you think will come on it?

chances are that its 40 in high side so from loading my trailer bri-mar 14ft 14k gvw (9800 haul cap without mesh sides on) with mesh side and loaded with 8-24in size logs and stacked as tight as possible cut 13.5 ft long yea i measured them to maximize each trip but to leave a little room to get doors close. I would say 2.66 cord to top of sides. he will be overloaded as far as gvw. got to follow the laws, LOL.

Last edited:
Back