How many is the question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ropensaddle

Feel Lucky
Reaction score
How many times have you been cutting a tree and got soaked by the awful foul smelling nasty? I can't remember lost count but there is nothing like the first time especially when you did not know it happens! It is worse in winter man that gets cold fast.

I have but since have decided not to use a saw when still so hung over that I am still legally drunk.

What's "awful foul smelling nasty?"

If you mean a hollow tree holding scum-water for years and it dumps on you as you cut through it, yeah, no fun. Same with climbing through racoon crap. An eagle dump? "awful foul smelling nasty" can be alot of things. I know one climber who uses a diaper. Not trying to be a smart ass, well a bit, but what is "awful foul smelling nasty?"

Still not 100% on what it is, but if it's as bad as it sounds and it's a regular occurrence, just wear boots, protective chaps, a short t-shirt and that's it - Strap on your belt and spurs and you got: Climbing Bare Tree Service!
Then it becomes your groundie's problem, in more ways than one, but you'd better give him a hefty raise! As you can tell, I won't be climbing tomorrow.

How many times have you been cutting a tree and got soaked by the awful foul smelling nasty? I can't remember lost count but there is nothing like the first time especially when you did not know it happens! It is worse in winter man that gets cold fast.

Ohhhh, you didn't mean in your own drawers?!?:greenchainsaw:

Yes I forgot and assumed ya,all would know foul water in hollow was
what was speaking of! I did not want to spoil fun for a new sawyer as I
was not told when green horn and did get the surprise lol.

Ropensaddle, didn t mean to step on your thread, but yesterday I got on ASite and was real depressed w pers stuff. Read PA Plumber s post and just cracked up. End of depression. Decided to make inappropriate post too for poss. crack up. Ofcourse everyone knows what you are talking about. I ve always called it tree tea. Worse is hot humid day when you got to wear that stink all dayon your jeans. Good thread. A few laughs can make a whole day better.

The worst awful smelling was that of a rotting coon that I cut through. I was cutting away from the bucket and out started to ooze green water that was from a dead rotting coon. The water leaked into the bucket and was so rancid I had to stop work and go clean out the bucket to survive the rest of the day without puking.

PUclimber, that is bad! Is that where your name came from?

You're right Treevet, took my safety glasses off for a second and.... No offence meant.

Back