How many of you would like to see a new STIHL 090 10 CUBE?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New 090 10 cube

• Yes

Votes: 222 86.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dude, what does a 10 cube look like?

The ten-cube saws are solid mount and look exactly like a regular 090 except the compression release was in a different location. The ten-cube 090 was never a production saw, there were a few prototypes made and given to industry insiders. There wasn't ever enough interest in them to justify the expense of investing in the assembly line changes required to mass produce them.

The ten-cube saws are solid mount and look exactly like a regular 090 except the compression release was in a different location. The ten-cube 090 was never a production saw, there were a few prototypes made and given to industry insiders. There wasn't ever enough interest in them to justify the expense of investing in the assembly line changes required to mass produce them.

Cheers JJ.

I'd rather be blowen than injected. The new ms 900 will have a miny 6-71 weiand blower running 10psi boost an a 5hp shot of sneeky pete nitrous.

Thats what they all say when heading to THalls shed....

:)

How about another poll- those who acually have seen a 10cube 090. I have, three of them. All were race saws, quite impressive.

I'd buy one, have no practical use for one but what the heck right...... course I said the same thing about the 066 and the 880 and I love using both of them now that I have them. they're both overkill for everything I do but they sure are fun, a new saw bigger than the 880 you bet I'd have one. Then I'd be back on here for another round of CAD councling :givebeer:

one round?? uh uh--a lifetime subscription!!!!:)

And we thought the production 090 was a beast. I really have no need for a 10 cube version but want one anyway. Lessee now, a stinger, nitrous, and...

Hey CHOPWOOD

How about posting a pic of one of those 10 cubes. Better yet put one up for auction and share the wealth???

Sorry Chopwood

I read your post like you said "I have three of them" when I believe you were saying you have seen three of them.

If you look at the difference between the 088 and 090 it would make sense that they could make a 10 cube 090. The 090 is just way overbuilt for only about another 15 cc's over the 088.

Same mistake

Sorry Chopwood

I read your post like you said "I have three of them" when I believe you were saying you have seen three of them.

If you look at the difference between the 088 and 090 it would make sense that they could make a 10 cube 090. The 090 is just way overbuilt for only about another 15 cc's over the 088.

I read it that way also. Missed the comma. I asked in the other thread why Stihl wouldn't make a saw to fill an obvious void. Even if it was just the regular 090. It is clear that there is a market for the saw, and I am fairly sure that dealers would love to sell them because of a higher profit on a higher price, so it seems to me an obvious move for Stihl to make. As I said on the other thread, I am missing something. Perhaps the reason is what JJ said, but that was about changing existing tooling. If the tooling exists, and a market exists, this should be a no brain decision. JR

When my dealers (partners) wer at the Stihl factory last summer they saw 2 pallets of 070s and a pallet of 090s ready for shipment. I would rather have an MS1000 2 cylinder saw. No actually I would rather se The Kate naked.

How about another poll- those who acually have seen a 10cube 090. I have, three of them. All were race saws, quite impressive.

Had to reread your message. At first I thought you were saying "I have three of them" but upon the reread I saw the comma.:bang:

:cheers:..Carl

EDIT: Woops...Guess I should have read the thread through.

Last edited:
Of course I'd like to see a new 090 but I'd also like to see Kate Beckinsale naked, in person. Think it'll happen?

258762.jpg

Fight you for that one...she is mine...so is Shania Twain and Faith Hill. The latter two, I am in court on paternity suits with at the moment. I wish!!!

I am sorta a husky guy, and want one to cut fire wood with a 18" bar. But will only buy it for $25 not running. Then I do not know why you guys tell me I suck???????

Latest posts

Back