How many ported ms261s out there?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As many of these saws as I've done you'd think I would be well versed in the way they handle and perform......well that's not really the case. I had used one enough to know how to stack up in timed cut against other 50cc saws.....that they are a little heavier than the 346....stuff like that. But I finally had the chance to use Rolltide's 261 long enough to put a couple of tanks of fuel through it while we were cutting some largish red oak a few days ago.

I carried my ported 372 and David's 261 with me to tear up the top section of one of the trees. I figured I would need the 372 because there was still some 10-14" stuff in there......and the stem was still attached. Well as luck would have it the 372 was out of fuel (I know :dizzy:) so I just kept on with the 261 even when the wood was "too big" for a 50cc saw. When I ran the 261 out of fuel I had already gotten through most of he smaller stuff....but when I went to fuel them both I just left that heaver 372 sitting at the fuel can. The bad ass little 261 could handle severing the main stem and bucking those bigger blocks just fine. :D

Moral of this story?????

I want a 261 in my line up now. :cry:

PM sent.:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back