how many saws do you have?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 in my sig are runners, have 2 skil projects 1690, had no spark, does now, [was firin on gas dumped in carb on sat. need to do carb next], & 1629, stripped plug hole... why people think a spark plug holds the whole machine together... but that's a whole 'nother thread...

Only 3.

Dolmar ps420

Jonsered 590

Stihl MS362

I guess I have the 40,50, and 60cc saw plan. There is a significant difference between each one in handling and power. The old Johny is the Ferrari of the bunch. Funny how a decent 25 year old saw is just as good as a new one.

All of them get used from time to time. The little Dolmar gets the most use. It is a sweet little saw, and is perfect for most of my cutting needs. The Johny is a lot of fun to run tho.........it's a screamin' little maniac with more power than it has a right to have. The Stihl is just smooooooooth and is a really nice felling (falling?) saw for small timber.

I'd love to have lots of saws, but I have plenty for my needs. Unless I find a need to deal with some big wood...........

so I guess you want a freaking medal

.. and what would he do with it? He said in another thread that he regularly saws naked.

Had 90, traded some off for wood processing equipment, down to 70, diggers dad has most of them. Finally down to 12 then back up to 32 or 34. But don't have enough.

I like how you come back when you're down! :msp_thumbsup:

More saws than any one person should have.

That sounds like my wife ....

I have just a few.................................................Dozen :yoyo:

If that's how we're measuring, then I'm at about 6! That includes runners/carcasses/projects.

When I think of my saws in terms of quantity, can’t picture them all at once so I tend to group them up in some sort of context,
changes all the time though.

Sometimes by brand, sometimes by size, sometimes by vintage, family, location, relative performance, runner/non runner,
desirability, condition, source, bar type, use, etc…

This time by color.
More or less...

70 or so in orange and/or neutral color+orange
40 something red
30+ yellow
doz or so green
3 blue
A handful in black/white/grey/bare metal combo’s

No light at the end of the tunnel, no end in sight... Sigh...

That run or total?

echo 302s
stihl 025, 026, 029, 031,032, ms360,
and a new style junk wild thing I bought for the kids to run.

So 8 that run.

part saws, couldn't tell ya.

On the advice of my attorney I invoke my 5th Amendment right against self incrimination...

We know you just cant count them, it is more of an approximate calculation...

"If the average chainsaw takes up 1800 cubic inches and a man has a garage that is 20 feet by 10 feet by 8 feet filled with chainsaws, how many chainsaws does he have?"

:hmm3grin2orange:

We know you just cant count them, it is more of an approximate calculation...

"If the average chainsaw takes up 1800 cubic inches and a man has a garage that is 20 feet by 10 feet by 8 feet filled with chainsaws, how many chainsaws does he have?"

:hmm3grin2orange:

3 ricks or 4 face cords...?

Don't know an exact count....

My sig has close to 50 but doesn't count all the parts saws. I would say maybe 70-75 with 40 or so runners:jawdrop::jawdrop:
I may have a problem:hmm3grin2orange:

That run or total?

Hmmm. good question, what to count...

The thread title didn't specify and that's a whole subject in itself.

I'm never sure what to 'count' as a 'saw', that particular list would be mostly complete un-fried saws,
not all runners but doesn't include 'parts saws' either.

What do you call a complete saw that fires up nicely with a prime so likely just needs a fuel system once over?
What about one that runs fine but needs a clutch cover?
How about one that got disassembled, cylinder cleaned up, new piston obtained, just waiting in line for some machining/grinding and re-assembly?
One that cuts wood great but the idle sort of wanders and may need a seal?

Not a saw yet? No-count?

The majority of the orange saws are runners, probably half the red and green, yellow maybe a third. Blue is 100%.

Percentages are mostly due to how much time/funds I have and to which my priorities go,
been spending more time of late on some brands and more time porting than fixing.

That'll inevitably change in some random/yet to be determined direction as time goes by...

Correction on the 40 runners + 10 projects.

On second thought, Blondie is the only one who counts saws in the garage. But, she don't always get it right as there are some hidden under other stuff. I'm not one to volunteer that information.

Most mornings, she gets the mail in. But, I intercept the postman when he comes back around with the large packages.:msp_sneaky: Tracking numbers are invaluable.:msp_thumbup:

Back