How many saws does a guy need ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if i strictly define SAW as a complete running chainsaw available to cut wood when the need arises and not for sale then: 8
i have decided that project saws, future project saws, saws built awaiting sale and collector saws dont count
in llight of this recent revelation I may not even have CAD
DELUSIONAL HALLUCINATIONS (Like Above) are a SYMPTOM Of CAD
LOGICAL DENIAL is a SYMPTOM of CAD
REVELATIONS that JUSTIFY DENIALs of having the AFFLICTION of Cad Are EXTREME SYMPTOMs of CAD
BUT
The Quiet Ones that Have Multiple Buildings full of Chainsaws. They are the Future of this Great Nation.
When the Zombies ARISE and Bullets can not stop them A GOOD Running saw will come in Handy
note to myself "I need more Storage" ..
The Quiet ones Probably have More than One Disorder

No need to jump on his case. He said he was just starting the list. To continue: How about the wife's saws? And the GF's saw? And the kids borrowed it last year and never returned it saw? And the shelf queen saw? And the Buick V-8 engine saw? And the 2 year old's toy saw? And the trail saw? And the ATV saw? And the backup to the backup saw? And the neighbor's saw that you are supposed to be fixing? And your mother-in-law's saw? And the saw that you lost in the woods? And your father-in-law's saw? And the boyfriend to your daughter's or our son-in-law's saw? Or your future ex wife's saw? And your bad ass saw? And any of your whole box of broken saws? And the yard sale saw? And your brother's saw? And the saw that you found in the woods? And the saw that you got for a song at the pawn shop? And the you ported it yourself and it screams saw? And the you ported it yourself and it runs like crap saw? And the Chicom saw? And the saw that you completely forgot about? And the saw that you scored because you straight-gassed it? And the doorstop saws? And the saw that is seized because your kid threw it into the neighbor's pool? And the 'its in mail' after buying it here on AS saw? And the 'it will be under the tree this year because your wife is the most wonderful person in the world' saw? I am waiting for that saw.

And... then there is my precious saw. My precious is a 361.
View attachment 469904
You said so Much
TOOK a while to read and now I am
REPLYLESS

Electric and battery powered chainsaws for when you have to cut that piece of wood that won't fit in the stove and it is 30 below zero outside so not running a gas powered one in the garage for fear of setting off fire alarm in the garage saw.

Sent from somewhere

I run an 046 mostly yesterday. It was one of those saws that we come across sometimes that just sorta baffles you. Turns out the o-rings on the high and low needles were too loose. Carb wouldn't stay adjusted.

I don't really need any saws. I cut all day yesterday with other peoples saws. :laugh:
DON'T expect any SYMPATHY from this thread
But I SHALL say I feel for such an UNFORTUNATE
Never having the feel of AnTICIPATION Waiting fer yer prize (PRECIOUS) Possession to return
FROM getting IT's Exhaust REEMED
And the rest of IT's GiZZards and GoNADs Tickled.
The world can be a cruel place if you let it.

Actually, I hate to tell you how many grinders (GAD?) and filing devices (FAD?) I have . . . . . and I just borrowed another one to try out!

Pretty comfortable with what I have, just curious to try others, to see how they work!

Philbert

Its just hard to pass up on good deals before Christmas..... I went from two to five in the last month and a half or so. I'll be good after I find a top handled saw that I fancy.... then I'll stop;) So maybe 6?

The number of saws a guy needs may be approximated by the equation X - 1 where X is the number of pairs of shoes in the wife's closet.

That wouldn't work for me my wife's a hillbilly don't wear shoes unless it cold. Yeah she hates winter

I had two saws when I joined this site. Now I'm running out of shelf room. There's saws and parts everywhere.

This discussion reminds me of the story about the old farmer that said to his wife one day at dinner "honey, I want a new tractor".

The wife looked at him and said "you always want, but do your really need a new tractor"?

He looked her right in the eye and said "Well... I didn't need to get married".

The next day, he had his new tractor! ;)

Latest posts

Back