How many saws is this going to burn up?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never fail to underestimate the abilities of a stupid person... whether Sears is irresponsible or not all depends on where they are displaying this fuel. If it is displayed on the shelf with the mower supplies then I do not see problem, on the shelf with the 2 stroke equipment then there is a problem.

You're correct about the stupid person part. As for Sears, it clearly says there is no oil added and that its for 4-cycle power equipment. Its not in the "fine print". If someone kills their 2-stroke using this in my mind it brings up the old adage about "a fool and his money are easily parted".

At some point people need to take responsibility for their own actions and stop blaming others.

Designer gasoline - a fool and his money are easily separated.

The cans are very clearly marked, so I don't see the problem.

Anyone who is inattentive enough to pour this into their saw or trimmer is going to straight gas it eventually anyway.

i was under the impression that its right next to the 2 cycle mix in a can that looks the same only one is marked 4 cycle. If thats the case Sears will lose out and lose out big time. Sears fault or not. Some idgit is gonna put it in his new saw or weedbeater and blow it up. Said idgit gonna say, ,"This saw don't run right" and take it back. Some other idgit who usually sells camera's and i phones is gonna be at the return counter that evening and just wants to get the ell out of there for the evening is gonna swipe there card a take it back as a return and put it in a cart for the morning shift.

Kawasaki does that with there oil products. All the bottles look the same and get mixed up on the shelves. I've grabbed 5 quarts of what I thought was 15w 50 MC oil only to get home and relize I had 3 quarts plus 2 of 2 stroke injector oil. My bad of course. Just return them.

i was under the impression that its right next to the 2 cycle mix in a can that looks the same only one is marked 4 cycle. If thats the case Sears will lose out and lose out big time. Sears fault or not. Some idgit is gonna put it in his new saw or weedbeater and blow it up. Said idgit gonna say, ,"This saw don't run right" and take it back. Some other idgit who usually sells camera's and i phones is gonna be at the return counter that evening and just wants to get the ell out of there for the evening is gonna swipe there card a take it back as a return and put it in a cart for the morning shift.

Kawasaki does that with there oil products. All the bottles look the same and get mixed up on the shelves. I've grabbed 5 quarts of what I thought was 15w 50 MC oil only to get home and relize I had 3 quarts plus 2 of 2 stroke injector oil. My bad of course. Just return them.

That's what I'm saying!

Funny you say that, sent my very hot redheaded wife in to return a failed weed eater two months out of a two year waranty, and during the day shift too! Got a new weed eater!

Last edited:
Funny you say that, sent my very hot redheaded wife in to return a failed weed eater two months out of a two year waranty, and during the day shift too! Got a new weed eater!

Andy I am going to have to call you out on that.

Pics of "Hot red headed WIFE"

Back