how much power will a muffler mod give you

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the cylinder gasket at the bottom where it.meets the crank case.
U should find a $20 saw at a yard sale of flea market and take it apart. If u can tune a carb, u can do this. U only need a hand full of tools to do it. T25 star bit. Flat screwdriver. Long nose pliers your chainsaw tool, 1/4 in socket set or 8mm nut driver. And that's about it. 2300 easy.

U should find a $20 saw at a yard sale of flea market and take it apart. If u can tune a carb, u can do this. U only need a hand full of tools to do it. T25 star bit. Flat screwdriver. Long nose pliers your chainsaw tool, 1/4 in socket set or 8mm nut driver. And that's about it. 2300 easy.
Make sure it is similar to yours.

I'll be looking around, the next flea market is next weekend. I know how to tune a carb (i think the right way) decently without a tachometer because I read a long article about it and am basically just following instructions. I pick things up as I go but I don't even know what a chainsaw motor looks like as of now.

Thanks for the help, If it gives me .25 to .5 Hp I will give it a try. Belive me I will richen it up and put a tac on it to make sure it is tuned right. And yes I would like to buy a 440 or bigger saw but 700 bucks for a saw is hard to justify when it is only earning me about 3 to 5 thousand a year. One day I may get one but for now I will milk what I can out of the ones I have.
Your cutting an selling 50 cords & only making 4 or 5 grand what are you giving it away ?

Latest posts

Back