How much wood burned?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hanko

hanko

ArboristSite Operative
allmost 1 cord in my shop 1200 sq ft with a vermont casting dutch west. Amazing effieciecy, allmost 3 cords in my 1600 sq ft ranch with a charmaster furnace wood beast. I have 6 left. been heating sense Oct here in Michigan

woodchuck76

woodchuck76

ArboristSite Lurker
How Much Wood Burned ?

I have burnt about 4 cords. I heat about 2100 sq ft. Plus my hot water.With a Central 4030 OWB. Since Mid October.

logbutcher

logbutcher

Addicted to ArboristSite
It's been well below normal with above normal snow Downeast. The woodpile is down 2+ cords---about where we should be towards the end of January.
Oh where oh where have you been AlGore :dizzy:

Less wood to lurk with when no one looks.:givebeer:

zopi

ArboristSite Guru
prolly 2-3 cords so far...hard to tell...my woodpile is sort of dynamic...the wife and kids do most of the splitting and stacking, so I can't always tell what has been replaced....:chainsaw:

Bowtie

Bowtie

Gearhead
I burned probably 3 1/2 cords so far. I agree with you all, Im going through it fast! Im headed up to my dads today to cut up and process some standing dead oak and locust. Perfect wood for this time of year, and should get me back up on the wood quantity. Im down to about a cord and a half of ash/mulberry/locust. Time to restock!

Geez

ArboristSite Operative
Near as I can tell, about 3½ cords. Really went through it for a while, until the weather moderated. Looks like another cold spell coming though.

reaperman

reaperman

ArboristSite Guru
Maybe a full cord.

I cant say enough about a well insulated home. My home is 1 1/2 yrs old now(1300 sqft main level + walkout basement) so its my second winter burning. And I'm totally amazed at my low wood consumption. I attribute this to a well insulated home. I'm burning a wood furnace, which in my opinion isnt all that efficient, it likes its wood. The wife started complaining it's too hot in the house during the night, I usually fire up good at night. So now I let the wood furnace go out by 11pm. The house is usually around 80. Buy morning its still in the low 70's. So I wont light another fire until the next afternoon around 4pm. The home holds the heat that long. The first night I tried this the temp was around 12 degrees and dropped to around 5 degrees by morning. I will admit the unfinished basement does cool down to around 64, but thats expected with a cement floor. If I were only heating the main level with a wood stove I know I could do even better. But I'm not complaining.

Latest posts