How much wood do I have here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What those guys all said. That's not even close to 20 cord, unless they are meaning a bubba cord/face/rank/rick, which is somewhere's around 1/3rd a real cord. You still have a ton of work to turn that into firewood.

I am with everybody else on this one. 10 cord max. how much is it worth...that depends on a persons desperation for wood but for you doing all the work to load and cut the stuff to size I would say $250 on the high side. If they are sure it is 20 cord and your unsure of the amount offer to pay by the load. Cut and split it all right there so that your loads are a consistent size.

Got this from the power company in early October on my street for free lots of uglies and uneven lengths. Just finished stacking yesterday. Came out to 2 and 1/2 cord. No way that's 20 cord. That's is a ton of work to gey that to the drying stage that's for sure.

Attachments

• 20140925_085357.jpg
    20140925_085357.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 124
...ever wonder why those guys just don't cut the stuff 18-22"??? seems silly to buck it up all different sizes. I have been doing this so long, it is hard for me to cut 26-32" for my buddy with an outdoor wood burner.

My response is that if they think there is 20 full cords then and you think it's 10 full cords then I wouldn't even deal with them. No one is going to end up happy on this deal so I would walk away. Leave them your phone number and part friends and maybe future business friends. I got 4 loads of random length stuff for 2' to 6' long this summer and after dealing with it I wish I had of just spent the time in the bush cutting logs. I cut it all into 16" lengths using my buzz saw, almost ruined my back wit all the lifting as it was fresh cut hardwood. I ended up with a big pile of 3" to 14" pieces for my OWB. Logs would have been much nicer, wasn't worth the fuel to have it to my place to process.

The back pile was roughly 6 cord. All logs cut 8ft long. It's probably a snow balls chance down south that they have 20 cord.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 99
I would guess 3-6 cord. Some decent wood there but not 1250$ worth. Throw them number you can live with and your phone number and walk away and see if they call.

I would say 5-7, and I agree with the above statements. These guys are nuts and that pile is free and delivered to my property ALL DAY LONG in this neck of the woods. But if you are desperate for wood, I'd have a real hard time even paying $250 let alone $1250!!! :eek: :confused: :dizzy:

That isn't a pile of the infamous "highly valuable black walnut" is it? :D :laugh: :chainsaw:

4-7 cords of crap !!! You would have to pay me to pick that up . I would take it free if it was delivered .some people just don't understand how much wood is actually in a cord . And wood is about worthless until it's processed and seasoned . Is this guy also selling property on the moon or prime swamp land in Florida ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is some alrite stuff in there but the rest is off cuts and worth nothing ... anything over $500 and I would walk

Back