how much wood have you sold so far

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spencerhenry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
this year has been slow for firewood sales in western colorado, at least for me. october and november were very warm and dry. i have sold less than half of normal for this time of the season. only 55 face cords so far this year. i have the cheapest advertised price in the one paper. in other papers there are people advertising cheaper, but their prices are so far off, that i know they cant be providing what they promise.
how has everybody elses year been going?

oNE FULL CORD I HAVE SIGNS MADE UP AND READY TO HANG,,BUT I TRIED TO BURN A LOAD AND IT WAS STILL A LITTLE TOO WET......SO INSTEAD OF STARTING OFF IN THE BIZZ ONNA WRONG FOOT ,IM GONNA KEEP SPLITTIN AND STACKIN FOR THE WINTER AHEAD OF THIS ONE.MOST ALL OF THE ROUNDS I HAD GIVEN TOO ME,SAT IN THE DRYEST SUMMER ON RECORD,BUT JUST STARTED SPLITTING IT ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO.EXPERIENCE IS LEARNED NOT TEACHED!!

About 20-25 full cords. November and december were busy, i've cut about 25 cords Pine, and 25 cords ash, have to do 12 cords of beech.

oNE FULL CORD I HAVE SIGNS MADE UP AND READY TO HANG,,BUT I TRIED TO BURN A LOAD AND IT WAS STILL A LITTLE TOO WET......SO INSTEAD OF STARTING OFF IN THE BIZZ ONNA WRONG FOOT ,IM GONNA KEEP SPLITTIN AND STACKIN FOR THE WINTER AHEAD OF THIS ONE.MOST ALL OF THE ROUNDS I HAD GIVEN TOO ME,SAT IN THE DRYEST SUMMER ON RECORD,BUT JUST STARTED SPLITTING IT ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO.EXPERIENCE IS LEARNED NOT TEACHED!!

Contrary to all fo the "country" advice offered by people, wood has to be split in order to season properly. Its funny how people will put stock in something just because an old timer told 'em it was so. Just remember, idiots have been around forever, being old doesn't cure stupid.

Only about 45 cords this year.

about 15 to 20 cords hasn't really gotten too cold for people to start using heaters,woodstoves etc yet. im hoping to sell alot more.

It's cold enough up here in Ct., 5F this AM - I'll send some down your way so business picks up - I don't sell, but my pile's getting the snot beat out of it from using it. Last year, mid January there was no frost in the ground here. Now, about 12" before the snow came last week.

I've sold 130 cords. I advertised 2 weeks and had to remove the ad because at one point I was 60 cords behind and only processing 8-10 a week. I slowed down due to cold, wind and other things taking priority. Still have 20 orders to fill then I'll place another ad.

Your absolutely right husky I know of one person selling wood down the road thats taking trees that just fell in the wind or what ever and chopping it up and selling it:rolleyes: :laugh:. I got smart and just started bringing it in and piling it up I might have a pickup load or two of good dry stuff but thats mostly for the house the rest is all green and will be sold next year.

I am out

25, and 2 cords yet to deliver.

I am done for the year. :( nothing dry left.

It is almost worth it to try and buy a load of logs and process it into firewood.
Almost....

-Pat

30 full cords so far. 20 or so to go. Mostly regular customers. A couple word of mouth, saw the truck sign, and a few from the weeklong paper ad. Wanted to be pretty much done with the 50 cords by deer season but the "real" job (construction) got in the way.

Sounds like a good plan.:clap:

I had 6cords to sell, but after moving 6cords into the house, I'll need 2-3 more than planned, so no selling this year.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back