How Much Wood Have You used

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just spoke with a man that's cutting around here. I was telling him how much we've burned. We burned 2/3 cord, while he's burned 3 1/3 cord (ouch!). I'm grateful for an efficient furnace, and good insulation. He's heating an old drafty farmhouse with his OWB. The problem is it hasn't been that cold. The coldest I've seen was 17° one morning. Today was in the low 50's, so I cut about 1.25 cord after work today.

Probably about 1/2 cord of uglies, sticks, bark, etc....... It all burns baby
Same here. Just threw in a few ends of pine from my woodshed build also. That was not an expected source of heat this yr and to my surprise about 10 pcs(2x8x6) burned for all the early evening. The great thing was my 6yr old daughter got the pride of knowing she carried them all in:clap:.

Our weather has been lows in the 30's and highs in the 40's or 50's. Supposed to see 60's this weekend. I hate this kind of weather. It's too warm to burn during the day, so it seems like I'm always lighting a fires. I like to fire it up and just keep it going. We have a rock wall (where the fireplace & the insert is located) that runs down the middle of most of our house, and once the stove has been going for a couple days straight, it acts like a giant radiator. Anyway, I've used just over a cord so far.

Almost a half cord, about 80% Ash, 20% red oak. started burning in mid October on and off. heating 2700 sq ft with the Jotul F500. Brand new house, brand new to burning, so I have no real guess on what my usage will be. I also tend to go through a decent amount of wood because I am home during the day and I really like the feel of a 70 degree house. :happybanana:

I'm still burning the shorties, and uglies. This time last year I was well into the stove-length, good stuff.

Not complaining though.

Our lowest low for the next 10 days is 21. That is a normal high temp for this time of year, not that I am complaining.

My neighbor's sprinklers never got winterized (their service never showed up to do it) so I am taking care of that for them tonight. Normally they would have been SOL and everything would be frozen solid.

Not very much. We've been wearing T-shirts this week with temps in the 60's and 70's. Pretty nice! Haven't had many phone calls for firewood. First time it hits 20 degrees everyone will be wanting wood. lol.

Probably right around a cord but about 1/3-1/2 was shoulder season wood of Silver Maple, Crab Apple and a bit of Piss Elm. The T-6 is chewing on Hedge right now though.

A little under half a cord and maybe 20 gallons of Diesel In the Furnace. Finally got a tiny dusting of snow. Maybe 1/4 of an inch in Northeast ohio. It's about 20 out.

Back