How Much Wood Have You used

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've burned 2/3 of a cord off and on since I started burning Oct. 3rd. I have created 4 five gallon buckets of ash from the maple and hickory I've been burning. You burn a lot less wood if you use quality wood all the time, no shoulder season wood like poplar, soft maple and box elder.

No idea! Enough to keep the house warm. Winter has been here for a few months.

Off and on since mid october. Mostly on, fire has been constant for 3 weeks now. I think ive gone thru 3/4 of a cord of softwoods and 3/4 cord of oak. Wasted a lot during warm daytimes just to keep coals for the night, but i have plenty and dont care.

I have already gone through close to 2 cords
Here in the PNW. My stove was much to be desired..an old parlor stove...very inefficient. Had the opportunity to purchase a hearthstone Phoenix, and has made a huge difference in my wood consumption. I think I am going through 1/3 the wood I was.

Less than a cord... the firebox is stone cold right now.
I've not yet lit the stove in the shop... and I can't see that I will anytime soon.
I ain't broke out the long-johns... don't have any idea where my insulated gloves are... and ain't worn a real coat yet.
I did come across my insulated coveralls the other day... but I don't remember where.

About a half cord so far. For the first 2 months of the season that seems a little low. Temps have only been going into the high 20's most nights. Means a fire every night but round the clock burning isn't necessary.

Stove sure has an easy time keeping the house warm :) And I tend to let the coals sit longer before reloading, so that contributes to lower wood consumption.

maybe a cord....but, I'm burning all my soft woods right now and since they burn faster, I'm using more wood. (and trying to get rid of it)

Not quite 2/3 of a cord yet. It's the least we've burned up to this time of the year.

3/4 cord so far of uglies and shoulder season stuff. We seem to be running about a month behind our regular weather pattern this year. That's fine with me.

Back