How Much Wood Have You used

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cat10ken

cat10ken

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
I've burned 2/3 of a cord off and on since I started burning Oct. 3rd. I have created 4 five gallon buckets of ash from the maple and hickory I've been burning. You burn a lot less wood if you use quality wood all the time, no shoulder season wood like poplar, soft maple and box elder.

ashy larry

ashy larry

ArboristSite Operative
Off and on since mid october. Mostly on, fire has been constant for 3 weeks now. I think ive gone thru 3/4 of a cord of softwoods and 3/4 cord of oak. Wasted a lot during warm daytimes just to keep coals for the night, but i have plenty and dont care.

Whitespider
Less than a cord... the firebox is stone cold right now.
I've not yet lit the stove in the shop... and I can't see that I will anytime soon.
I ain't broke out the long-johns... don't have any idea where my insulated gloves are... and ain't worn a real coat yet.
I did come across my insulated coveralls the other day... but I don't remember where.

spike60

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
About a half cord so far. For the first 2 months of the season that seems a little low. Temps have only been going into the high 20's most nights. Means a fire every night but round the clock burning isn't necessary.

Stove sure has an easy time keeping the house warm :) And I tend to let the coals sit longer before reloading, so that contributes to lower wood consumption.

mga

wandering
maybe a cord....but, I'm burning all my soft woods right now and since they burn faster, I'm using more wood. (and trying to get rid of it)

Latest posts