How much wood so far

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing about 15 cord so far. I can burn over a cord a week when it stays below zero.

Wow, shows you how much the regional climates have an affect on how much wood people burn. We have had our Hardy OWB installed for 4 weeks now, and have used about 1 cord. Having a pretty light winter here in the midwest, most weekends we can go out an cut more wood also, unlike up North when there is snow on the ground for weeks on end, makes it kind of hard cutting wood....

wood used

only used 3 face cords or "ricks" of mostly oak and some hickory. I don't use my insert all of the time. Winter isn't as brutal here as in other areas, plus wifey complains of smoke when i forget to pull the heat exchanger rod before I open the door. :jawdrop: I use the heatpump the rest of the time. Wood burner is a Country Flame insert. I think I enjoy it more and more every year, especially when I get new chainsaws and other "necessities":clap:

I am closing in on 20 face cord this year. I use a Hardy OWB and we keep our roughly 2700 sq. ft. house between 70-72 degrees 24hrs per day. Lots of work but still cheaper and warmer than using propane.:rock:

how much wood in an 8 foot bed?

depends how high you go. my pick up doesn't have a back rack so I don't go very high my first concern is the back window of the pickup if something happens.

I would say half of a full cord would be pretty close but you can get atleast a face cord in even if you keep it flush with the sides
Thanks for the input. I burn about a truckload every week to week and a half. That would be about 12 cords a year heating two home.

hard to tell .i just pile it up and burn it. i know it's been a cold winter here. had to trudge out in the snow this weekend to keep that gas furnace from kicking on. i wanted to use the new ms361 anyway but i hope it warms up soon brr

Last edited:

7 f/c so far I'm thinking... Mix of beech, birch, elm, maple etc...

Been pretty nice so far this winter for sure...

:cheers:

approaching 4 cords. burning will soon slow down though

I hope you're right, because I've almost burned all of the 6 cords that I started the winter with, and everything that I have cut over the winter is still pretty green.

Still staying pretty cold at night here in Western Mass. and still have a little snow on the shady areas of ground.

just over two cord,all black locust, I ran the propane three days at Christmas the rest was my stove

TOM

I'm closin in on 15 full cord....Gettin warmer though, Time for some pine!:cheers:

About three cords here. We moved in January to the new house. So only about three months burning. I have con vinced the wife that we need about 10 cords for this next winter.:chainsaw:

What the H do you do with your life ? 15 cords !!:dizzy: That's a full time career boy.
I'm whining about eating into 6 cords !:cry:

Hahaha! Think that's alot for 2 houses and a garage?:D It's not as bad as it sounds.... If I have the logs out in a pile, I can rip thru an easy four cord of 24" wood in a day, as long as the wife don't get tired of pushin the splitter levers!:hmm3grin2orange:

5 cords here, only turned the propane furnace on when we left for a week over thanksgiving. Burning mostly siberian elm, small amounts of green ash, burr oak, and cottonwood. Next year I am doing the "pine experiment."

Just over 4 cords. A few more days and I will be out of wood.

There is always next years pile (5 cord) still drying if I really need it.

I thought I was burning a lot of wood before I read this post. I have not even used a cord yet to heat a 1200 sf. house. We just put in a Napoleon 1401 and it really puts out the heat. I have wasted some wood getting the feel of this stove. I figure I will burn somewhere between 2 to 3 cords this year.

Back