how one might carry a chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just waiting for someone to make a comment about the usefullness of a flat head.

Bill

Butch, While I did wonder about Photoshop in that pic, I have personally seen African women walk out carry an axe on their heads and come back with a bundle of wood and the axe up there. It was quite common for people to have to carry their houshold water for miles-esp. if the water source a 1/2 mile away dried up-they would have to go to the next one. I knew some families where the women would walk five miles for water with a five gallon bucket and carry it back full (well probably only 4 gallons)on top of their heads.

We have some Africans living in the apartment complex around the corner. I sometimes see the women walking to/from the laundrymat, carrying large bundles of laundry on their heads. Makes my old, stiff neck hurt just thinking about it.

Maybe some of you guys in the logging biz could get your wifes to carry your saws for you (sorry azz software won't let me use a smiley).

Last edited:
I read where an African woman stopped working in the field and went into the shade to give birth, then she strapped the newborn to her back and went back to digging taters or whatever. A chainsaw on the head...a piece of cake.

runninghot said:
I read where an African woman stopped working in the field and went into the shade to give birth, then she strapped the newborn to her back and went back to digging taters or whatever. A chainsaw on the head...a piece of cake.

Well I am all for discussing the strength and determination of women but that in my opinion is child abuse. My wife works her tail off with our children but that would be beyond what is acceptable. My wife has the ability to earn well over $100,000/year but she stays home with our boys. Even though she busts her butt I am not sure she would carry a 090 on her head, She really crapped when I put her on the end of a 2 man and told her she would run it at Baraboo.

Bill

Back