How to order loops online

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdfccf73

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What are the do's and don'ts of ordering loops online?

For example, Stihl 025 with an 18" bar, .325 chain, 68 drive teeth. And want a full chiesel.

Where's the best place to buy? Who has the best price? AS Sponsors?
How do you make sure you get the right chain?

Thanks,
Chris

I buy my premade loops through baileys. they have them all laid out on the website witht the sizes and DLs. very easy and they are decent prices

Yep you got all you need. Ive ordered from Baileys and Edge & Engine. Both are sponsors and there within cents of each other on pricing. Edge and engine usually arrive faster cause there closer to me.

Edit, You just need to know the gauge of the chain.

Edit, You just need to know the gauge of the chain.[/QUOTE]

gauge?? I think I know what your talking about but just to make sure jog my memory.

Thanks,
Chris

Edit, You just need to know the gauge of the chain.

gauge?? I think I know what your talking about but just to make sure jog my memory.

Thanks,
Chris[/QUOTE]

Its the thickness of the drivers. It should be stamped on the bar also. Could be .050 or .063.

Last edited:
What an idiot I am. Because I doubt it is .063. (I bet it is .050)

If it is .063 I have some, except I am all the way over in Arkansas. :)

PS I don't have time to look for the right smiley.....

Hey RVALUE...

I'm buying a new chain for my Stihl 025. Prices in my neck of the woods are $20 to $25, out the door.

Chris

I thought he was going to say....

"Yes sir, your probably right, you are an idiot".....but he didn't.....and I'm Glad....:)

That reminds me, I need a few more chains, good call..

I thought he was going to say....

"Yes sir, your probably right, you are an idiot".....but he didn't.....and I'm Glad....:)

That reminds me, I need a few more chains, good call..

That would have been funny, but some people might have not thought so. LOL Its easy enough to step on toe around here as it is....but I wouldnt have said that....unless I knowed him.:cheers:

Yeah almost all Stihl saws running .325 are .063 gauge, just double check what you're getting. Sometimes I've seen smokin' deals but it's an oddball gauge, or something similar.

Back