how to tell how old a 026 is?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big4runr

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just picked up a 026 today of ebay, and was wondering how to tell age. Are their any part numbers to show age? Also I opened up the holes on the muffler. I know this is a dumb question, but how can I tell if the saw is too lean.
thanks

Look for a "clock" in the castings. There will be a two-digit date in the middle.

As far as too lean, the saw should "burble" or "four-cycle" when wide open out of the cut. It shouldn't scream.

hey big...i modded the muffler on my 026 as well..i took off the face plate and removed the screen, i then drilled an equally sized hole above and below the existing giving me three holes....then i drilled through the ventilated covers three small holes right over the little diversion type flap.....what exactly did you do and what were the results...i got a new carb coming for my fixed high speed jet problem................................guff

fixed-jet

I find it quite disheartning that folks w/Stihl products need to seek out carbs to overcome the fixed-jet situation. Leave the fixed on the POS homeowner saws where John Q. Public has no interest in adjusting his saw. Equip. the rest w/adj. needles. Just another opinion.

Latest posts

Back