how would you do this job?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know lots of times you leave a bid and you're thinking ....was that a fair bid? Was that fair for me, was that fair for them? Was it too much, was it too little? You think a little longer and come to a conclusion...it was just overall a fair bid. They knew it and you knew it and that is why the dealio happened.

Is that the civilizing effect of the gentler sex?

I recall reading a story in my youth in National Geographic magazine. The authors had visited many different cultures, and had come to an interesting conclusion. Observations taken both from advanced and primitive societies were the same, and their conclusion was stated as a general trait of humanity:

Upon meeting foreigners (the authors) young men were typically withdrawn and defensive, with a greater tendency to sporting angry looks and behavior. The young women were almost exactly opposite, as they were the friendliest and most inviting to strangers. [Perhaps a way to increase diversity in the gene pool?]

As they aged, however, the roles reversed. The women became harsh and unwelcoming, and the men were much more relaxed about welcoming strangers [maybe they knew no one was after their women!]. The older men were found to be happier, more sharing, and generally more social; the older women were stingier, were more inclined to making angry harsh statements, and in general, were the least likable among the older folks.

With that observation in mind, doesn't that explain an awful lot of the problems between men and women?

With that observation in mind, doesn't that explain an awful lot of the problems between men and women?

It seems to me that our hard-wired thought patterns are slightly different; the Venus vs Mars argument. Differing social and biological imperatives. Like how a guy has to be trained about fore and after play. I joke about the "to have and to hold" wedding vow is an oath before God to cuddle after sex.

It seems to me that our hard-wired thought patterns are slightly different; the Venus vs Mars argument. Differing social and biological imperatives. Like how a guy has to be trained about fore and after play. I joke about the "to have and to hold" wedding vow is an oath before God to cuddle after sex.

lol I am guessing you may have spent many hours over the years sitting in trees waiting for a groundy to do his job. While sitting there you engadged in deep philosophical contiplation about the thought patterns, biorythms and sociological differances between men and woman.

I myself am a firm believer in the Hunter & Gatherer theory. Hense the reason that while at home I cut and she stacks. Well that and I would never let her near my saws

Last edited:
I recall reading a story in my youth in National Geographic magazine. The authors had visited many different cultures, and had come to an interesting conclusion. Observations taken both from advanced and primitive societies were the same, and their conclusion was stated as a general trait of humanity:

Upon meeting foreigners (the authors) young men were typically withdrawn and defensive, with a greater tendency to sporting angry looks and behavior. The young women were almost exactly opposite, as they were the friendliest and most inviting to strangers. [Perhaps a way to increase diversity in the gene pool?]

As they aged, however, the roles reversed. The women became harsh and unwelcoming, and the men were much more relaxed about welcoming strangers [maybe they knew no one was after their women!]. The older men were found to be happier, more sharing, and generally more social; the older women were stingier, were more inclined to making angry harsh statements, and in general, were the least likable among the older folks.

Menopause

Menopause

I have to disagree slightly. Though MENopause (as they call it) may have had a lot to do with it. I think it really boils down to the fact that old men are happy when they are old mainly because they lived long enough to be OLD.

Now old woman on the other hand are miserable when they get old mainly because they had to deal with us rotten bastards their whole life. which may also be explanation for the slight little grin old men have on their face.

lol I am guessing you may have spent many hours over the years sitting in trees waiting for a groundy to do his job. While sitting there you engadged in deep philosophical contiplation about the thought patterns, biorythms and sociological differances between men and woman.

JPS may have laid in bed many times with the light on. " HONEY, we need to talk"
It's ok to be sensitive. lol

JPS may have laid in bed many times with the light on. " HONEY, we need to talk"
It's ok to be sensitive. lol

Nah, I keep those conversations for the light of day. When she starts stomping around and sighing I'll ask

"Wassamadah?"

"NOTHING"

"Sumptinmatah"

"NOTHING"

Latest posts

Back