How would "YOU" fall this busted up tree ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tnt. a couple sticks near the stump and boom.
Problem gone :)

Sure you could drag out a tractor and pull the thing but what kind of fun would that be.

I always wanted to try C4 forestry. But don't have the skills, knowledge, or the license. Looks like it could be an interesting way to 'remediate' hazard trees.

Philbert
We could sell tickets to our tree shows and make some serious coin :laugh::laugh:

I'd call my wife's brother. Tell him I'll give him a case of beer if he can get it on the ground. Win/win. Cause if he gets it down, I know he is gonna share the beer with me and I get the wood. If he can't get it down, I still have the beer & I call her other brother and offer the same deal. I ain't no dummy!

tnt. a couple sticks near the stump and boom.
Problem gone :).

Thats what I was going to say, 2" x8" stick of power ditch and let her rip, or if you really want to have fun, dig a nice hole under the stump, stuff a 2x8 in the bottom of the hole, add 5lbs of ANFO, then fill the hole with gravel. Blamo!!!! Flying stump and felled tree. Hehehehhe

Thats what I was going to say, 2" x8" stick of power ditch and let her rip, or if you really want to have fun, dig a nice hole under the stump, stuff a 2x8 in the bottom of the hole, add 5lbs of ANFO, then fill the hole with gravel. Blamo!!!! Flying stump and felled tree. Hehehehhe
you fergot the diesel drip on the ANFO

Been too busy ,it is still sittimg there.
Brian, depending upon how high that fracture is above the stump, you could just undercut it halfway thru as high as you dare, then drop another tree right on top of it, making sure you have a good escape route.
Go get it! Take vids too.

Brian, depending upon how high that fracture is above the stump, you could just undercut it halfway thru as high as you dare, then drop another tree right on top of it, making sure you have a good escape route.
Go get it! Take vids too.
Video will be boring John ,because i will make it look to easy ;) when i get time ,i will just fall it opposite the lean ,and winch it over from the road ,easy peasy and stuff . There is another just like it to the right of it about 30 feet ,but lower on the break also ,alder does not make much good of anything for me ,firewood or lumber ,so if i get bored someday will take them down .It is more fun to keep this thread going anyways :D

I now have 3 busted up trees ,stupid wind :mad: and a 4th that tipped over .barn tractor 005 sm.jpg barn tractor 003 sm.jpg barn tractor 002 sm.jpg

Back