HT100 trouble

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teaberry

Reaction score
This is crazy! I've owned a stihl kombi tool for years, and it starts on the first or second pull (always). So, I upgrade to a HT100 (exact same starting instructions) and I haven't got it to hit a lick, and I've been trying for over a week. So, I take it back to the dealer and his tech starts it on 2 pulls without priming or choking it. So, back to the house, no priming, no choke, and no start. So, back to the starting instructions again and still won't start. What's going on?

Apply the choke conservatively, lest you flood the machine. If you're pulling it choke open 10-12 times without a start, go 1, maybe 2 pulls on full choke but never more than that. Also, don't forget to engage the high-speed throttle lock for cold start. I only use the primer if the machine has been sitting for months, and always start off with one pull on full choke with the throttle on high lock for any cold start.

Back