HUGE PINE TREE - Need it gone

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The man sticks to his story....I'll give him that.

Econ 101. If you have gold bullion by the suitcase, and can't sell it, the value is zero.

Value is determined by the BUYER, not the SELLER.

My house is currently worth pretty close to zero. Anyway, a LOT less than I paid for it. I'd have to drop the price a long way to sell it. People around me are sitting on empty houses because nobody wants them. Now, if I offered it at, say, a third of what I paid, I might get a buyer. If so, then the value of my house is a third of what I paid for it. It doesn't matter what that house would be worth in New York or California, or what I think it's worth.

All that matters is what someone is willing to pay for it.

In the OP's case, he's already found that the only possible (or realistically possible) buyer, the local mill, doesn't want it. He can't GIVE it to them.

Zero buyers = zero value.

It is what it is.

thats why i get such a huge kick out of that show "american pickers" .. they go around buying junk half the time, they put the cash up, up front, and then they gotta sit on it till they find a buyer for it. they always give the purchased price then the "valued" price after.. so they ASSUME they made money that day, but really they spent $2000, and havnt made a dime of it back yet. but the screen showed some text that said "picked: $50, valued$200"... so they made $150.. right?:dizzy: .. wrong, they spent $50..

Latest posts

Back