Hurricane Gudrun, Sweden.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are completely unfathomable pictures.
I wonder if swedish furniture will drop in price here at IKEA.
I need a desk.

According to the most I have talked to about 90% is cut up and out of the forrests. Some will never get out but that is about 0,5% or something.

It is about 75 millon cubic meters of wood that is gone.

Those are the cleanest storage yards ive ever seen.No 2' deep ruts no bark strone all over.

Better blown over than burnt. We had a >1M hectare fire (~4000 sq mi) down here in 2003.

Obviously it wasn't all plantation, but an incalculable amout of timber went up in smoke that week.

Well,i was there for 11 months! cutting loose the trees for the harvesters! it´s not a pretty sight! but at least i´m still alive :) some other loggers where not as lucky as me! :(

Wow, that really is a lot of wood!
Somebody asked about the sprayers on top of the piles. We learned about this in our harvesting class. It is to keep the wood from drying out, but what's really cool, is that the logs get a gray "slime" (that's the technical term) on them that preserves them from cracking and insects too. This has been your resident college guy :rock:

Taylor

Latest posts

Back