Hurt by a Vermeer 252

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many times lawyers have that awful task of taking on the perps case and pleading and begging .... they know their guilty but just trying to get off on a lessor charge or time.

Nothing wrong with that. If I lost my licence and a lawyer could get me a lighter conviction then it's worth it.

Also, it's the defending lawyers role to keep a check on facts and falacies, imagine some nut case telling fibs in the chair.

I believe there's one less perp in a canadian school that needs a lawyer now though, there's just some cases that are best terminated immediately I reckon. :hmm3grin2orange:

"innocent until proven guilty" is mostly a myth. It is the De Jure maxim which is the alleged underpinning of our system of jurisprudence in this so-called republic. But for the most part, the De Facto reality is that a man must prove his innocence.
Try sitting through your own trial without a lawyer, and saying nothing to defend yourself, even if the prosecution has but cirumstantial evidence, or even NO evidence. You would think if they have no "proof" then even if you do nothing you are innocent unless they prove thier case eh?
Hah. Fella, you are going down.
If you have the money to hire the big $$$ defense then yes you can be, depending on the case, and depending on if it is the government you wronged (your screwed here), fairly innocent until proven guilty, but overall, especially for the little guy, you are most assuredly guilty until you convince a jury that you are not.

Thank God for all those lawyers who are protecting innocent people. If you will sit in a court room one day you will see the parade of innocent people in need of a lawyer. The funny thing is, none of them are guilty and need a lawyer to prove it. All of you guys need to spend less on beer and get caught up on your child support. Otherwise you will need a lawyer.

what is it with you and child support? You mention this on a consistant basis. Please explain without blaming someone or something else. I have no kids, and I am sure most that do on this site take care of their kids.

TackleTree said:
what is it with you and child support? You mention this on a consistant basis. Please explain without blaming someone or something else. I have no kids, and I am sure most that do on this site take care of their kids.
Sounds like she's a little bitter about her ex-husband. But Buff, don't lump us all into one group. Just because we drink a lot of beer, cheat on our spouses every chance we get, and then don't take any responsibility, doesn't mean we're all bad. We can fix cars, lift heavy objects, and mow the lawn.

Buff

No desire to start an argument but really

All of you guys need to spend less on beer and get caught up on your child support. Otherwise you will need a lawyer (by Buff)

Men are just for bank account deposits? :mad:

Don't children really need more TIME with their father's and mother's?

I am very disappointed you seem so willing to fight for "innocent" victim's yet generalize about men in such negative terms.

Can we get back to important topics like "For the money, what is as good or better than a Dolmar 7900 ?:cheers:

I had to laugh at that one Mike Maas.

Steve128...Where did you get the idea that I am interested in fighting for the rights of the "innocent?"

buff said:
All of you guys need to spend less on beer and get caught up on your child support.

Bugger, I had a leak in one of my kegs, and that's a lot of beer wasted, oh well, kids'll have to wait longer now!!!!! :D

attachment.php

buff said:
Thank God for all those lawyers who are protecting innocent people. If you will sit in a court room one day you will see the parade of innocent people in need of a lawyer. The funny thing is, none of them are guilty and need a lawyer to prove it. All of you guys need to spend less on beer and get caught up on your child support. Otherwise you will need a lawyer.

So, I'll hit this one out of the park too.

Cops are never wrong.
D.A.s are always fair.
Innocent people are never charged with a crime.
You wanted to be a cop (thus the criminal justice degree) but failed the psychological eval.
You won't tell us where you live, because someone might track you down, and hit you up for all the past due alimony and child support.

just a guess. :buttkick:

coveredinsap said:
Say there was an emergency....and a small child somehow ended up running toward one of these units, and though you immediately shut the unit down and tried to stop the child from contacting the unit....to no avail because the blade keeps spinning for 10 seconds.....

Now say it was your child....

I daresay you'd be looking at things in a different light, and if you were smart, contacting an attorney yourself.

It's one thing to mock idiot lawyers. It's idiotic to mock all lawyers.
stopping a grinders wheel quick,, this will work with all grinders

1: you bury the wheel....you disengage the clutch, than plant the wheel..

2: or you just plant the wheel, clutch in, stall the motor..

3: or you turn the key off,, plant the wheel...

4: from the operators manual for a 352sc vermeer on quick stopping the wheel
1 reduce engine speed to idle
2 disengage cutter wheel drive
3 lower cutter wheel into the ground or stump until wheel stops

1, 2, 3, are faster than option 4...

you can really stop a wheel really quick!!! way less than 10 seconds!!!

Ekka said:
Bugger, I had a leak in one of my kegs, and that's a lot of beer wasted, oh well, kids'll have to wait longer now!!!!! :D

attachment.php

ekka, alcohol abuse at its worst!!!!!

coveredinsap said:
Say there was an emergency....and a small child somehow ended up running toward one of these units, and though you immediately shut the unit down and tried to stop the child from contacting the unit....to no avail because the blade keeps spinning for 10 seconds.....

Now say it was your child....

I daresay you'd be looking at things in a different light, and if you were smart, contacting an attorney yourself.

It's one thing to mock idiot lawyers. It's idiotic to mock all lawyers.

That is the definition of an accident. Not a liability case. If the kid runs straight into a spinning cutterwheel - natural selection. Natures way of thinning the herd!!

What would you possibly contact an attorney about??? " I wasn't paying close enough attention to my child and now he is hurt so someone else has to pay for my mistake to make me feel better and give me some financial reward"

Bigstumps said:
That is the definition of an accident. Not a liability case. If the kid runs straight into a spinning cutterwheel - natural selection. Natures way of thinning the herd!!

What would you possibly contact an attorney about??? " I wasn't paying close enough attention to my child and now he is hurt so someone else has to pay for my mistake to make me feel better and give me some financial reward"

While you are being a bit cavalier about a ground -up kid, of course the tree service would be sued--as would Vermeer! Suing is not collecting, though.

Cross examination (grinder operator):

Did you tell the owner you were working?

Did you warn her of the dangers?

When you saw the kids' bike, did you ask about where the kid would be?

Did you or a co-worker maintain a safe area with tape, cones, signage, and the like?

Even if the kid was told by all concerned to stay away, broke out of a locked room, kicked his mom in the knee, went under the tape, and ran into the wheel, the jury would award something.

How about this one:

Skidder operator, learned on the job, no training, no safety gear, backs up a running chipper with the chute open, co-worker directing him back somehow ends up in the chute, keeps himself from being chipped by spread-eagling against the edge? Skidder is a gypo rig, questionable brakes, levers and pedals are random metal scraps welded on, jobsite (and everything, including scrap serving as a clutch) covered in a foot of mud?

Describes an incident at a tree service I worked for 20 years ago. My foot slipped off the clutch. Since then I've grown increasingly safety conscious. Especially now that it's me that pays the insurance premium. Unfortunately, some work environments accept near-misses as "part of the job", and instead of a safety meeting, everyone retires to the tavern for a few extra beers.

TackleTree said:

Read the other posts he has made. Bitter and miserable are just a few adjectives that come to mind.................almost forgot, SELF-RIGHTOUS

He has a CJ degree on this thread, and one in Economics on another..........

I've been on both sides of the law and I can honestly say the lawyers involved were just doing their jobs. The way we all try to, to the best of our abilities.

Doctor Dave said:
Unfortunately, some work environments accept near-misses as "part of the job", and instead of a safety meeting, everyone retires to the tavern for a few extra beers.

:clap: too true

OTG BOSTON......If you mean that lawyers try their best to get guilty people off, I agree. Another thing, if you can get those prison tattoos removed you will get more work.

Back