Huskee 22 ton with Kohler engine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the TSC in my area does not have the Kohler engine units yet so now I have to hunt around everywhere to find one. I am this close to buying a new maul and calling it a day..With 13 cords of wood to process every year obviously at my age this is not going to be productive... I could spend top dollar to get a high end unit with a Honda GX engine but I am not made of money unfortunately..I really don't want to rent anymore but that looks like that may happen again, so there is another 100 bucks wasted

Well the TSC in my area does not have the Kohler engine units yet so now I have to hunt around everywhere to find one. I am this close to buying a new maul and calling it a day..With 13 cords of wood to process every year obviously at my age this is not going to be productive... I could spend top dollar to get a high end unit with a Honda GX engine but I am not made of money unfortunately..I really don't want to rent anymore but that looks like that may happen again, so there is another 100 bucks wasted

You can order it online and it will ship to the store for free. Here is the link and it says it has the kohler engine

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/huskeereg;-22-ton-log-splitter-carb-compliant

How much of an improvement is the ------> "Chinese made" Kohler really?? I'd buy what's available to you now, and YEARS down the road you can buy a cheapo Chinese motor and put it on.

SR

biggest gain i see is the horizontal shaft. they are cheaper to replace and if thats what was originally on there then it should be bolt and go. with the vertical shaft motors youd either be spending more for a replacement vertical shaft (harder to find reliable chonda vert shaft), or doing some remanufacturing to fit the horz shaft (abundant models to choose from in cheap chinese honda clone) on the vert shaft mount

biggest gain i see is the horizontal shaft. they are cheaper to replace and if thats what was originally on there then it should be bolt and go. with the vertical shaft motors youd either be spending more for a replacement vertical shaft (harder to find reliable chonda vert shaft), or doing some remanufacturing to fit the horz shaft (abundant models to choose from in cheap chinese honda clone) on the vert shaft mount
Exactly

Latest posts

Back