Huskee 35 ton exhaust blowing towards operator

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some pics of the exhaust speeco sent....

I have the same exhaust issue on my older Huskee. So that's a bolt-on? is the bolt underneath the pipe, or did they send you a pipe with new muffler attached? is that high temperature sealant between the muffler and pipe or some sort of weld? Looks the color of regular JB Weld.

Yep its a bolt on . it has a bracket welded to it. I put some muffler sealent on it and slid it on and bolted it. It works good

In the second picture below the OHV there is a bracket welded on thats where it bolts up . Speeco sent the pipe that attaches to the muffler

Good work around. How about added back pressure? Or its that pipe short enough to not make an impact? Back in Oct 09 the only reply I got from SpeeCo was "...make sure the deflector is pointed correctly...". I guess I'll give them a call Mon. Thanks for posting those pictures.

I didnt notice any difference in the motor because of back pressure but it did make it sound a little cooler. I called and bugged speeco for about a year and finally got it. In there defense they had dig up the design from a few years back and make it. Would be nice if they had a bunch made and ready to send out.I have been real happy with my 35 ton splitter. This was before the pipe was addedIMG_20120905_182434.jpg

Lol. That is a pretty big oversight. Easy enough to fix with something like Speeco sent. A fab shop could build one for cheap.

Well, so much for SpeeCo customer/product support. I got this reply from them "Due to the age of the Huskee splitter you have, those exhaust parts are no longer available" Guess I have to check out the local muffler shop and see what they can fabricate.

Well, so much for SpeeCo customer/product support. I got this reply from them "Due to the age of the Huskee splitter you have, those exhaust parts are no longer available" Guess I have to check out the local muffler shop and see what they can fabricate.
That sucks. So much for them fixing there problem

Latest posts

Back