Huskee 35ton Log splitter with B/S 12.5 motor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dirty hand tools (DHT) has the best customer service in IMO. Have treated me very well. They would be the brand of choice, if i was sending a friend for a big box store splitter.
Thank You.

Both o ours are shop built:
1 is a 3 only hitch pto powered.
The other is one my uncle came up with that needed a new Honda.

Swisher log splitters have belt drive with a "start" position. While this helps starting, it is less efficient than a direct drive pump.

I wonder if they use special pumps to handle the side forces with this belt drive?

Every time mine starts pulling the cord back I have taken the flywheel off and the key is partially sheared. I've replaced the key and it doesn't yank the cord back for a couple more years. Just started doing it again and am thinking of putting in a steel key. Any thoughts? - Ron

I would venture to say the exhaust valve at least is out of adjustment. The spring for the weight on the cam could be broke as well, but doubtful. It is not hard to pop the valve cover off and check lash. Also roll the motor over compression. You should be able to watch it open the exhaust valve ever so slightly.

Honda makes the best small engines. They always start, are quiet, fuel efficient and run forever.

If you are looking to repower your splitter with the best engine there is, go with a honda.

That statement is a little simplistic, there is a big difference between the Honda GX and GC motors.

Back