Huskey splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardy steve

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I looked at one today at TSC.If you run it in the horizontal position will the logs roll from splitter and hit the motor?It looks like the motor is right in the way for logs coming off splitter.

Nope.

The controls are on the motor side where ya stand, and the motor is forward of where the splits roll off.

If you get into some springy Walnut or cranky/knotty Hickory, you will have a split jump a bit now and then, and maybe give you a nut shot though.
But that happens with any horizontal splitter.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I have a 22-ton huskee and have split countless cords of wood with it and never had a log roll and hit the motor, however I have had a few heavy pieces split sooner than expected and roll onto the return hose on the opposite side of the beam...

Have they redesigned the Husky 22 ton recently? Mine is a couple of years old, but there is just no way that a piece is going to hit the engine under normal usage. :confused:

I hold the side of the log after it is split so it doesn't roll off towards me. On the opposite side I have built a work table to allow the other half to roll onto.

Nosmo

Have they redesigned the Husky 22 ton recently? Mine is a couple of years old, but there is just no way that a piece is going to hit the engine under normal usage. :confused:

no redesign that I know of.... I know on mine the log couldn't possibly hit the engine but like I said, the return line from the holding tank to the ram arm is in a bad spot

i have split a ton of wood with my 35 ton huskee and have not hit the engine yet,, hell i'm standing right there,, if it hit the motor it would have to roll me over first,,go figure,, i hear the new design will have the operator standing in the next county.:dizzy::greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw:

Back