husky 137 wont start!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suprz

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
O just got this saw on thursday and ran it for 15 mins friday I used the 50:1 mix with the husky 2 stroke oil provided. It ran great until today. I started it and had it running for about 1 min (idling for warm up) then i started to cut with it. but when i put the saw on its side to cut into a limb, it bogged down and died and it wouldnt start back up and there was fuel dripping from the saw. ( It had plenty of gas, and the dripping wasnt from the fuel cap) i let the saw sit for about 2 hours and pulled the choke and tried again, it started for about 3 sec and quit again and refuses to start. I took the cover off and the air filter was wet with fuel, I TRIED to take the plug out and bent the plug tool trying to get it out!:( I am going to take it to a service place tomorrow and see what the heck is going on! ( and let them try to take the plug out) OK I know i flooded the engine, but why did it just bog down and die when i turned it sideways? It shouldnt flood while its on its side and running. I am very upset at the moment, and would like to know what the heck could have happened

I have plenty of gas usually but somedays I just can't get started no matter how many times I fiddle with the choke or pull on my starter.:( :chainsaw:

thats a rebadged cuss and pull saw

typical cuss and pull,use once then throw it away:hmm3grin2orange: :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

It sounds like the inlet needle in the carburetor is leaking if you were running the saw and that much gas started running out of it. The comments from the others are not too far off with the 136/137 141/142. I stopped selling them after having a few of each model that ended up on the workbench before getting into the customers hands. I don't think that Husqvarna has made a wise choice by keeping these Poulan clones in their lineup. Your dealer will likely fix your problem for you and you may have many years of trouble free service from that saw but....if I can give you some advice take advantage of Husqvarna's "Crown Commitment" policy and trade it up to a 340It will only cost you the difference but it will be money well spent as the 340 is a very reliable and smooth little saw.

took it in for repair and they had it fixed within 5 mins. he said it was the primer return line that came off the carb and he got the plug out for me too. all should be well now. I'll fire it up when i get home and test it out. Thanks to all that replied with something other than sarcasm

try and get your sense of humor checked as well.:jester: Didn't mean to offend you, just trying a little levity.

Last edited:
try and get your sense of humor checked as well.:jester: Didn't mean to offend you, just trying a little levity.

I too didnt mean to come across nasty, it's just that when my baby gets broke, i am not in the best of moods:(

Latest posts

Back