Husky 154 AE What do you know about it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I recieved this saw today for free but cant find any info on it. Does anyone know anything about this model? Is it worth tuning up? OR

Should I try to sell it?

If this guy gives you another 064, I'd like to have it. I need a big saw to round out my list of tools.

I asked him if he had any more big saws he said he'll look. He says theres a few more parts saws he has to give me too!!

I never seen the AE on a HVA, I have no clue.
Mike acers proberbly has it listed in his register. I have a SG myself, it is replaced by 254.

Ok I have been looking everywhere and cant find any info on this thing. Does anyone know if it is worth putting a tune up and carb kit into this saw? What model could I closely compare it to nowadays? Is this a groundsaw like say a Husky 359? Or is it smaller?

Any info on this relic is appreciated.

It is smaller, closer to 353 than 357.

Specs according Swe manual.
54cc
45mm bore
34mm stroke
2500rpm idle
13800rpm full trottle
HDA35 carb
6,2kg with bar and chain
15-37" bar

If it is the same basic saw as the 254xp and it is in good shape it is worth fixing up. Parts may be starting to become an issue. It was 54 or 55 cc's but I believe it was rated as the same hp as the 359. This saw had a great power to weight ratio.

Yes I did notice that the saw was quite light. i will throw a tune up into ti and see what it has!! ALL the parts are in mint shape just need a little cleaning.

Is it worth anything in a trade for a Stihl?

Mange said:
It is smaller, closer to 353 than 357.

Specs according Swe manual.
54cc
45mm bore
34mm stroke
2500rpm idle
13800rpm full trottle
HDA35 carb
6,2kg with bar and chain
15-37" bar

Where did you find the manual for the 154AE? can you send me a copy?

My guess is that it is a sg, what does the plate say, what numbers does it have?
Does it have plates inserted in the rear handle?
Is there a generator?
To my knowledge there is 254, 254g, 254xp, 254xpg.

154 was an excellent saw,with good power replaced by 254 with an improved clutch and starter cover and also a different muffler.353 is probably what replace 154/254 models.Parts here in Canada are still easy to get.If you want the manual in pdf ,i can sent it to you.

I would really like some pics of this saw, to see if there is a obvious difference.
Take a pic of the plate too.
This is interesting.

Latest posts

Back